1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Semi-Pelagianism

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Michael Wrenn, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

Posting something "IMHO" concerning another is not the same as stating that one is "dosobeying God's Word" when they know not whereof they speak. One is pure opinion, the other accusing one of sin,. i.e., in this cae, falsely accusing the brethern of sin when the accuser has no basis for any such condemnation and lacks wisdom in doing so.

2. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Who or what hath bewitched you into lying and falsely accusing the brethren?

3. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Stop accusing me of sinning. It is not a sin not to go to church once a week. That is belief that Catholics teach. You have proven that going to a church building has not given you the Truth. You put down people staying at home, but that is where the Christians met, in homes.

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Hebrews 10:25
    not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

This is NOT my opinion. It is God's word and command to assemble together. There are many other verses that teach what we are to do WHEN we assemble together.

Moriah plainly stated that it was not necessary to assemble together. What would you call it if not disobedient? That is NOT a false accusation. It is based on Moriah's own words, which you can read for yourself.

What do you think "do not forsake the assembling together" means exactly????

5. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Now there is a Biblical truth.:thumbs:

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

So you have a church in your home? Do other believers assemble together on the first day of the week in your home? Do you have elders? A pastor? Do you collect money for the helping of the saints and the furtherance of the gospel? If not, then you disobey Hebrews 10:25.

7. Heavenly Pilgrim

Don't forget caves during persucution or prisons for some. Revival has broke out a few times in such places.:)

8. Heavenly Pilgrim

Amy, the hole you are digging for yourself only gets worse. :eek:

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Oh is that where you worship with other believers HP? In a cave? Has revival broken out yet in your cave?

10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Really? You have yet to explain your interpretation of Hebrews 10:25. Please show me how I'm wrong and help me out of this "hole". :BangHead:

11. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Sometimes I have thought about how nice it would be to live in a cave away from so much evil in the world. :)

12. Godspeaks2me

Godspeaks2me New Member

Perhaps what you say you do would be more believable if you tried to encourage and strenghthen fellow brother's in Christ on this forum. It's seems you tend to only agrue and make people feel stupid and be very sarcastic.

13. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Perhaps you should stop judging people you don't know. Are you aware of the postings of Moriah and HP and their works based salvation? Do you also forsake the assembling together of believers?

This is also a debate board, therefore we debate. If you don't want to debate, you may participate in the other discussions section. If I see false doctrine, I will address it. If you don't like my posts you are free to put me on ignore.

14. Moriah

Moriah New Member

What you say to Godspeaks2me is more proof that you were given great advice by him.

15. Godspeaks2me

Godspeaks2me New Member

There beliefs are not an excuse on how you speak to others. This is a debate forum and I was debating your sincerity on your post about how you encourage and strengthen other's because I do not see that desire from you.

16. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I am not here to encourage false doctrine.

Would you like to address Hebrews 10:25?

17. Godspeaks2me

Godspeaks2me New Member

You are also not here to be Witty, mean and sarcastic, or are you?

There is a way to articulate your beliefs in a way that pleases God and I am under the belief you have strayed from this path.

18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Would you like to address Hebrews 10:25? What does it mean to you?

19. Godspeaks2me

Godspeaks2me New Member

I would love to Amy. Please, grant me some time to gather my thoughts on the matter and I will return shortly with my humble, fallible reply.

20. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I will attempt to respond to The Biblicist and Heavenly Pilgrim in this post.

Biblicist, surely you cannot believe that I consider myself a "co-savior" with Jesus simply because I said that I do not believe in either the extreme of Augustinianism or the extreme of Pelagianism. Ironically, I believe mostly like you do with regard to sin, but you go way too far with statements like the "co-savior" one. I am in the middle -- I reject Pelagianism and Augustinianism, and it's stepchild, Calvinism.

HP, I have stated my beliefs in detail regarding entire sanctification elsewhere on the forum, but I'll try to summarize again: I don't believe in sanctification as an instantaneous, second work of grace; rather, I believe sanctification is a process begun in spiritual rebirth and continuing throughout one's lifetime -- a progressive experience. In the Wesleyan tradition, I have seen entire sanctification described variously as the eradication of original sin, perfect love, complete devotion to God, a restoration of the soul to a pre-Fall state. I don't believe any of this is possible in this life, for the reasons I stated earlier. I talked with a Nazarene superintendent recently, and he said entire sanctification could be seen as a complete abandonment, eradication, or subjugation of self-will. I like that description better, but I still don't think this is possible in this lifetime, also for the reasons I stated earlier. I believe we can submit our will to God, but I also believe something of self-will remains within us.

Although the Holiness churches hold that they have many members who have experienced entire sanctification, I have never met such a person, and I don't believe I will, on this side of heaven.

I am squarely in the middle on this issue -- not a Pelagian, not an Augustinian, not a Calvinist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.