1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Senate Blocks Alaska Refuge Drilling

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by KenH, Dec 21, 2005.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

One thing that I believe should be looked into is biodiesel. This is a fuel that can be claimed from old, used grease, or it has even been made using soybeans, and other oily plants.

This would be a renewable fuel, and it's cost effective. Making it at home, in small 20-40 gallon batches can be done for as little as 60 cents per gallon.

Has anyone ever heard of this? My father owns a farm in NC and is looking into making this for his equipment and such. I have been on other BB let talk about it, and several people are and have been making it for years without any draw backs. Unless you consider running a diesel a draw back. [​IMG]

Anyone else heard of this? WHat are your thoughts?

Jamie

3. billwald

billwald New Member

Oil from Alaska would have little effect on the commodity price. Better to burn Arab oil first. Leaving Alaskan oil in the ground is like money in the bank collecting interest.

4. jstrickland1989

jstrickland1989 New Member

I really don't understand people. We complain about gas prices, but yet we don't want to see any changes. Does this make sense? Doesn't to me.

James

5. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Not cost effective to grow, and the used oil and grease idea, while effective and cost efficient, would not be a drop in the bucket.

6. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

I used to agree with that idea, but oil is proving to not be a fossil fuel, and is probably constantly being renewed. Read about it here:
    http://tinyurl.com/dwlde

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. The evidence is turning in Dr. Gold's favor.

8. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

This goes along with my theory that powers are specifically targeting the U.S. in order to lesson our influence in world economics and military might, resulting ultimately in their perceived ability to destroy Israel unfettered.

9. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

So far, the wells drilled using Gold's theories have failed to produce.

The wells drilled using the currently accepted theories tend to produce oil.

Until that changes, don't expect much to happen. Oil companies are kinda results-driven.