1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Senate Democrats preparing push for illegal alien amnesty

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by I Am Blessed 24, Mar 5, 2007.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

A Republican senator fears his Democratic colleagues are getting set to push through legislation that would grant amnesty to millions of illegal aliens.

Last year the Senate voted 62-36 in favor of a bill to allow millions of illegal immigrants to take American jobs and become U.S. citizens. Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions warns that a group of Democrats led by Senator Ted Kennedy has been meeting to craft similar legislation under the guise of "comprehensive immigration reform."

Sessions claims no outside input is being allowed on the bill before it is introduced. According to the Alabama lawmaker, one of his Republican colleagues -- Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania, who supported last year's bill -- has complained that his staff was being shut out of the process.

LINK

2. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It makes sense the Democrats support amnesty - that'll only add millions of new voters for them - but the GOP and Bush support this, too:

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/n...s-hes-not-backing-down-on-immigration-reform/

Full steam ahead, Bush and the other RINOs are driving their own party off a cliff. Last year, it was:

Bennett (R-UT)
    Brownback (R-KS)
    Chafee (R-RI)
    Coleman (R-MN)
    Collins (R-ME)
    Craig (R-ID)
    DeWine (R-OH)
    Domenici (R-NM)
    Frist (R-TN)
    Graham (R-SC)
    Gregg (R-NH)
    Hagel (R-NE)
    Lugar (R-IN)
    Martinez (R-FL)
    McCain (R-AZ)
    McConnell (R-KY)
    Murkowski (R-AK)
    Smith (R-OR)
    Snowe (R-ME)
    Specter (R-PA)
    Stevens (R-AK)
    Voinovich (R-OH)
    Warner (R-VA)

Most of them are still there or have been replaced by a Democrat.

3. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

This is one of the reasons the Bush administration celebrated when the Democrats took control of the House and Senate in 2006. He was able to get the GOP to help him do much damage to our nation during his first seven years in office, and now he has the Democrats to help him finish what the GOP members of Congress wouldn't let him accomplish.

4. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't necessarily have a problem with amnesty in theory. However, without strict border enforcement, it doesn't solve the problem. You just have to keep having periodic amnesties. If that's the case, why don't they just open the border?

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There has never been any doubt in my mind that the push for complete amnesty was coming.:BangHead:

6. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

That is the ultimate goal of the Bush administration, and all the others promoting the North American Union.