1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Senator Craig not leaving despite his conviction being uphelh

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by saturneptune, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

I bet if he was a certain Senator from the state of Massachusetts, you would view things differently.

2. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Really on what do you make such an unfounded statement?

3. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Even with the admission? Kinda begs the question what would it take to convince you of his guilt?

From ABC News:

Even in his appeal, Craig did not challenge the actual validity of the convicton. (Bolding mine.) Meaning, he not only admitted guilt but never contested it: he simply doesn't like it. Convinced yet?

Now, that we know (pragmatically speaking, as much as we know anything we absorb through media) that he is homosexual, do you think he should be incarcerated?

#23 Ivon Denosovich, Oct 6, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2007
  4. Ivon Denosovich

double post (deleted)

5. 2 Timothy2:1-4

This thought is in error he has made public statements that he is not homosexual. He also stated that he pled guilty to make it go away. So again I am not convinced of his guilt or otherwise

6. Ivon Denosovich

Why are you doing this?

He has made conflicting statements. I feel like I'm pulling teeth to get you to acknowledge reality exists. The offical statement he gave to the judicial system (which for legal purposes is the one that holds water) was one that told of homosexual behavior. Based on your views of criminalizing homosexual behavior do you think he should be incarcerated because he plead guilty to engaging in homosexual behavior?

This repetitive "I don't believe what he said because I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt" is a self defeating argument.

Again, based on your views of criminalizing homosexual behavior do you think he should be incarcerated because he plead guilty to engaging in homosexual behavior?

#26 Ivon Denosovich, Oct 6, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2007
  7. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Once again you read into something that is not there. I never said I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. If that were the case I would think him to be innocent. Since I have no opinion either way your question is moot. However it does appear that you want to find him guilty if for no other reason than to engage me in your convoluted argument on homosexuality and incarceration. I have meade myself clear on this on more than one occasion. Shop elsewhere.

8. Ivon Denosovich

Compared with:

That certainly sounds like you're giving him the benefit of the doubt. But the question still stands, now that has plead guilty should he be punished? Or do you think an accused man should not have the option of pleading guilty?