1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Senator McCain's Son is Joining the Marines

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by KenH, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This September, Senator John McCain's youngest son, Jimmy, 18, will report to a U.S. Marine Corps depot near Camp Pendleton in San Diego. After three months of boot camp and a month of specialized training, he will be ready to deploy. Depending on the unit he joins, he could be in Iraq as early as this time next year, and his chances of seeing combat at some point are high.

- more at http://tinyurl.com/osxru

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Wonder why he didn't choose the Naval Academy? He could have been a chip off the old block and get through by the hair on his chinny chin, chin.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the news story:

In some ways, though, Jimmy is breaking with tradition, rather than following it. His brother Jack, now 20, has just finished his plebe year at the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, where his father, grandfather and great-grandfather went before him. And McCain, the Naval aviator and keen interservice competitor, has been known to crack more than a few jokes at the Marines' expense. McCain says he doesn't read much into Jimmy's decision. "I know that he's aware of his family's service background," he says, "but I think the main motivator was, he had friends who were in the Marine Corps, and he'd known Marines, and he'd read about them, and he just wanted to join up."

4. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Kind of a contrast between McCain's kid, and the Bush offspring isn't it?

They've been active in entirely different ways...

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really. The Bush's have two daughters.

6. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Lots of Bush nephews. See any of them joining up? Not likely. BTW, Bush has sent tens of thousands of other people's daughters into harm's way.

The bloodline seems to be pretty thin last two generations. Cleverness and connections seems to have replaced patriotism and character.

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Which are contributing,,,,, how???

8. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

And what does this have to do with Pres. Bush? Is he responsible for what his extended family does? Are you responsible for what your extended family does?

You have every right to voice your opinion about the President. However, let's not get crazy on something completely out of his control.

Back to the OP. Good for Sen McCain's son. I pray God protects him and the rest of our military.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If they have income, the same way most of us are - by paying taxes.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which is what a president, any president, does during a time of war.

The mindset of Bush bashers is ridiculous. I don't care for lots of his policies but you have never seen me going after his character or that of his family.

The Bush bashers, especially the Christian ones, should be ashamed of their personal attacks.

11. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I am proud that McCain chose to serve his country rather than bash it.

And I will pray for him.

Wayne

12. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

John McCain, John Kerry, and others who faithfully served their country in combat deserve our respect above the band of chicken hawks running this corrupt administration.

13. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I don't understand why McCain's son joining the Marines is a time for people to take pot shots at our President?

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because their hearts are full of animosity toward him - as a person - not merely toward some of his policies.

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

:sleep: Same old tired rhetoric. :sleep:

Your argument would carry some weight if you stayed away from personal attacks and concentrated on policy differences.

16. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I don't understand it either.

17. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Barbarian observes:
    Lots of Bush nephews. See any of them joining up? Not likely.

Nope. Bush is just a symptom of a larger problem in that family. Since Daddy served in WWII, there haven't been any Bushes willing to fight for their country.

I had one of my five kids once get in trouble for not paying a fine for an illegal U-turn. I was very ashamed. Dubya and Jeb have had every one of their children in trouible with the law, ranging from using a fake ID, through sexual misconduct, through fraudulent attempt to obtain a controlled substance. I don't know what I'd think if I had that kind of a family, except to admit I was a miserable failure as a father.

His kids seem to be just following in Dubya's footsteps. He had a rap sheet before he was out of college, too.

Yes, thank God for John McCain's son. It's nice to see someone with some values.

18. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

That is a feel good story and to respond to the so called bush apologists it is legitimate to critique a family that supports the Iraq occupation but yet does not sign up for duty and especially Pierce Bush ..now know this Pierce has been on the record of lobbying to support the Dubai Posts deal
    and supports the occupation in Iraq...so compare him with John McCains son quite simply one walks the walk while the bush clan like to yuk it up
    but are no where to be seen in the hour of need.

Of course it is perfectly okay to critique the very political bush clan and to those who think they are off limits ...puh leeze you sound like you have gone back in some time machine and you are some happy German family that has hit the economic jackpot in an up and coming Germany in 1935.

the bush culture has taken advantage long enough with this "lets be civil" which is a lie they use to put the fox in the hen house.

bush is not a King and he is not Imperial like those make him out to be it is even more patriotic to hold bad performers accountable. imho

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you didn't post inane comments like that one your posts would stand a better chance of being taken seriously.

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hardly. It would be the height of stupidity for the daughters of a sitting president to enter military service.

You really are obsessed with the Bushes, though.

#20 carpro, Jul 30, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.