1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Separation from a brother

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Ms.Lumi, May 17, 2003.

1. Ms.Lumi

Ms.Lumi New Member

This morning I prayed about a specific brother in christ of mine. Although he is a brother, he has many different standards being in a CC Church. I asked the Lord to show me how to be a witness to him in regards to music, discipline, etc. As a woman I should not preach to him but I wanted to be a witness with my actions rather than words. When I considered separating myself from him, he came and told me today that he needs to separate from me because he doesn't want to offend me but he just doesn't have a "BAPTIST" outlook on life.

I have read a couple books on Biblical/ecclesiatical separation but don't have them on hand.I am thankful that my church holds to the accountability issue in opposite gender relationships.But have had to reconsider the advice of my elders being that my friend might have a different reason behind our friendship.

I praise the Lord for his protection and pray that I can still be an effective witness to him without spending everyday with him.

If anyone has any comments, experiences, or scriptures to share with me in regards to this, they would be greatly appreciated right now.

Your sister in Christ,
    Ms.Lumi

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

3. Ms.Lumi

Ms.Lumi New Member

Thanks Diane! I also need to learn the diffence between Biblical/Ecclesiastical Separation again. Maybe I should of bought the books. I know that they are in my church library so I will get them tomorrow.

your sister in Christ,
    Ms.Lumi