1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Separation

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jarthur001, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

As it turns out, I'm teaching or separation the next 2 or 3 Sundays.

This can get kinda hairy at times between others views. I'm starting with a more open view and will narrow as time goes by. I found this on the web and I think its a good start as a "statement". Much more can be added

One of the most beautiful things about the Biblical doctrine of separation is that it is not something that we need to do, but that it is something which God has already done! It is not something that we need to pray about or strive after, but it is something already accomplished by the grace of God. God has already positioned the believer in His beloved Son where we are fully accepted by God, basking in the sunshine of His favor. From the moment we put our trust in Christ, God has set us apart UNTO HIMSELF forever: "to them that are sanctified (set apart, separated) in Christ Jesus, called to be saints (holy ones, set apart ones, separated ones), with all that in every place call upon the Name of Jesus Christ our Lord". God has placed us in His Son, and no place more holy could ever be found. We stand perfect and complete in Christ the Holy One. We are saints of the Most High God! It is the beauty of our glorious position in the God's dear Son.

What then must we do? Separation is not something that we must gain, but it is something that we must claim. Every believer is separated, but not every believer consistently exercises and enjoys a separated life as God intended for our good. One's practice must be consistent with one's position. Our daily condition must match our eternal position. Saints ought to be saintly and we must "walk worthy of the vocation (calling) to which (we) are called". Our high, heavenly, holy calling must be matched by a holy walk. By faith we are to claim and experience what God has already done in fact. We need to remember who we are in Christ, and live accordingly. The term "saint" is often avoided among professing believers because the very word itself speaks of holiness and demands separation. The Holy God has put a DIFFERENCE between those who are saved and those who are unsaved, and this difference must be kept very clear and very well defined . Nothing must be allowed to mar or blur this distinction. Those who are truly God's children need to walk accordingly, that the Word of God be not blasphemed. What a joy and privilege to be called "saints"!

Your thoughts...please

2. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Are you a pasror or just teach a class?
    Sounds good to me.

I think that it is good that we not take Gods name in vain.
    So many of us procliam Christ but then we fail to follow through as "walk worthy"
    When we do that it makes our claims vain and pointless.

Sounds like a good study.

3. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

no..Just a teacher, though one day I hope to go full time.

About my Church…

We have 4 full time pastors on staff; we are very small in size. Our senior pastor is best known for training young men as pastors. Tom Farrell (not sure you know of him or not) sends many young men to be under my pastors training. Right now we have 4 interns (1 in Ireland with a new work started by another pastor of ours) and about 15 former pastors now teaching at our church.

Farrell (http://www.farrellministries.org/ and my pastor will spending 2 months in India next year starting 3-4 churches (they hope). They have been called there by other believers in India. Our small church has been blessed in producing 5 young men over the last 5-6 years that are now full time evangelists that travel the whole nation speaking.

http://www.mattfriend.com/

I played ball with Matt and saw him grow up from just a child.

http://www.ambassadors.edu/OnlineSe...g To Live With A Ruined Conscience - Sams.mp3

Brian came from our youth group. Brian speaks kinda LOUD, but non the less is not to bad as a young man.

Ben Edwards… was “preacher boy” of the year at BJU this last year. He is now going to Northland Baptist for his masters.

2 others i do not know that well.

Though not about my church…I may add my middle girl, who use to date Ben, placed 2nd in singing in a national contest. :smilewinkgrin: (ok..that was a cheap way to get that in):smilewinkgrin:

3 others have spoken at the Wilds and Northlands camps.
    One is full time speaker at the Southlands camp.

Two of these former pastors are well know Drs in Baptist camps.

Dr Phil Suiter was waiting at the White House on 9/11 to meet with Bush when he returned later that day…as the plane hit the Pentagon. Pastor Phil, as we call, him teaches in Wed nights.

Anyway…some have asked about my church. We have been blessed with good teaching. I only teach a class. 45-55 year olds. :)