1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Seriously, what all did God create?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dale-c, May 1, 2008.

1. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Very true to say that a particular substance is evil is to be worldly.
    That is just how the world thinks!

2. ituttut

ituttut New Member

But not in this case.

3. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

In this case, it was not a modification.
    Not that a midification makes something evil.
    It is raining outside right now and I am very thankful for the modification of materials so that I can have a roof over my head.

4. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Right. We can't make something from nothing.

5. ituttut

ituttut New Member

True. Not a modification, but straight from God.

#25 ituttut, May 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2008
  6. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Amen!They are unaware of the Word of God, and if so they do not believe.

7. russell55

russell55 New Member

Is there any place in scripture where it speaks of creation being other than a past act of God? (Except for new creation, of course.)

I'd think that what we have now comes from God's sustainance of his creation—his providence. God actively preserves and directs all his creation and all his creatures so that his purpose for creation is fulfilled.

So ice cream, for instance, would come from God, but as a result of his providential care of his creation, not from an act of creation. Same thing with cars. Same thing with the other good things we have.

8. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

In the context of the discussion, with the part I used from SFIC's comment, I believe this is so crucial.

9. reformedbeliever

reformedbeliever New Member

Yes, it is crucial, and so is what Russell said above. God, in His providence, allows all that comes into existence. In the end, all of creation shall be because of God's providence. Providence is not always a positive thing in our eyes. It is however, in God's eyes.
    God may not have directly built my automobile, but He provided all the material. Its what man does with that material that we are talking about. Same way with sin. God provided all the material for sin to exist... but sin was man's doing.
    Yet God in His providence will use it all for His glory.

10. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

It is interesting that the Bible says that the plowing of the wicked is sin.

Anything not done to the glory of God is sin. But for the Christian, we can do all things to God's glory. We can build things etc.

11. RevJWWhiteJr

RevJWWhiteJr New Member

A scientist, after his entire life of study, trial and error, determined on the atomic level, just how life came to exist. In doing so the discovery was self-explanatory on just how to duplicate the process in the laboratory.

“I’ve done it.” he told himself, “I’ve finally discovered the secret and can recreate it”.

So thrilled with himself, and confident in his abilities, he strutted outside, looked up into the sky and told God, “God, we don’t need you anymore.” he said. “I have discovered your secret in the process of the creation of life and can duplicate it in the laboratory. You can now be on your way and leave mankind to ourselves and our own devises.”

“Is that so” , answered God? “ Well, why don’t you show me the first step of your process and explain to me how it works.” He said, “If you are correct, I will do just that and be own my way”.

Ecstatic the scientist heralded “Alright, this is our day”. He reached down to the ground and scooped up a handful of dirt which he knew contained all of the examples of the building blocks of the universe from which he could produce the life that science had for so long yearned to have under their total control.

As he did, God asked, “What are you doing”?

The scientist answered, “Gathering the examples of building blocks contained in this earth that you know are here, to show you that with them I can create life and you know it”.

God said, “You told me you had discovered how to create life, not make it from the earth. What you are holding in your hand is my dirt, I created it. Go get your own dirt”.

NOTE : God spoke this physical world into existence out of and from nothing, complete from beginning to end in a moment before "time". Only He can create.

#31 RevJWWhiteJr, May 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2008