1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sermon Tracking Software

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by MTA, Dec 15, 2004.

1. MTA

MTA New Member

I have been looking for a "free" software program for tracking what I've preached where. If anyone can help me find one, I would appreciate it.

2. Pastor J

Pastor J New Member

Why not make your own in Microsoft Access or File Maker Pro?

3. MTA

MTA New Member

I'm not that well versed (no pun intended) in Access and I know nothing about File Maker Pro.

4. NateT

NateT Member

What information would you want?

I've thought of something like this before, something like:
    Text, Title, Date, Church

It would just be a list of records like that. Perhaps you'd be able to search and report what churches, or what books, or what verses etc.

(Based on previous threads, I guess we could also put "Original Author" and "Original Church" so if you're stealing material, you wouldn't preach it to the same church that you stole it from. :D )

5. MTA

MTA New Member

NateT:

Your list is what I am thinking of also. Text, title, date, church, occasion, additional notes. Just something simple, but still sortable by each field.

6. Pastor J

Pastor J New Member

How about Microsoft Excel. This is not as good as access, but can be effective?

7. MTA

MTA New Member

Pastor J:

I took your original advice . . . I sat down this morning and learned enough about Access to set up a simple database for my use. So, I was able to get what I needed and learn a new skill at the same time. You can't beat that!

8. Pastor J

Pastor J New Member

Once you learn it a little more, you can build a report form that allows you to add new entries through a form instead of into the table. You can run queries off of your table also. If you need any help, please feel free to contact me.

9. MTA

MTA New Member

Pastor J and NateT:

Thank you both for your offers to help. I will be sure to holler if I get in a bind.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays!

MTA

10. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I do it in Access. My DB has date, service, title, book, chapter, startverse, endverse, place filed, occasion.

The occasion is usually blank. I use it for something like Christmas, Communion, Mother's Day, FAther's Day, etc. I originally did the start verse and end verse separately for sorting purposes, but have never really used it that way.