1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Seven Spirts of God?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by ddavis, Oct 25, 2004.

1. ddavis

ddavis New Member

OK, Need some help on this one, Revelation 4:5 says seven Spirts of God. What is it talking about?

2. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

Maybe this will help ddavis,

Rev 5:6 The seven horns and SEVEN EYES which are the Seven spirits of God

Zech 3:9 For behold the STONE that I have laid before Joshua; UPON ONE STONE [shall be] SEVEN EYES: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in ONE DAY.

The Stone the builders rejected is laid in Zion

Rev 5:12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is THE LAMB that was slain to receive#1 Power, and #2Riches, and #3Wisdom, and #4Strength, and #5Honour, and #6 Glory, and #7 Blessing.

The Stone (or Lamb) has Eyes seen as Seven Spirits on only Him. The Stone laid in Zion are those of faith made perfect by His blood. The glory of God gives the city light and the lamb is its lamp. So as these are on Him He also is in us who believe.

God bless I hope that helps you.

Seth3

3. Me2

Me2 New Member

seven is the biblical symbolic number for perfection. (total sum)
    many times this number refers to Jesus Christ.

this is a many part symbol combined referring to the Spirit of the Lord Jesus Christ.

the total sum of the true image of man.

Isa 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
    Isa 11:2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

spirit of the Lord
    spirit of wisdom
    spirit of understanding
    spirit of counsel
    spirit of might
    spirit of knowledge
    spirit of the fear of the lord.

this revelation of the spirit of the Lord Jesus Christ is in every witness called the elect.
    the overcomers

many times instead of seven "spirits" describing the total sum of the spirit of Christ. the scriptures speak of "two'. yet still representing the total sum of the spirit of Christ in his elect.

these two chiefly being "wisdom and understanding".

Col 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard [it], do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;