1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Seventh Day Adv.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Berean, Mar 17, 2013.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You seem to be focused on how the lost person should come to salvation.

Which is (as already stated) -- by grace are we saved through faith not of works lest anyone should boast. (Have I posted it two times or three at this point?).

But for the saved person Romans 6, Romans 2, Matt 7, 1Cor 7:19, 1Cor 6 (I may need to post them all again so hold on a sec..)

--======================== here it is

I hold to the teaching of the Bible include the teachings of Paul - paying close attention to Romans 6 and 1Cor 6 and Romans 2:11-13.

Don't you also?

1 Cor 6:
    8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.
    9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
    10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Romans 2:

6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
    7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
    8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
    9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
    10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
    12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
    13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
    14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
    15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another.
    16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.
    26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?
    27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?
    28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
    29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Romans 3:
    31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

1 Cor 7:19 "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God"

1John 5:2 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

Rev 14:12 12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

TEN Commandments - Comm #2.

Ex 20
    6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

John 14:15 - "IF you Love Me KEEP My Commandments"

And of course R.C Sproul, Andy Stanley, D.L Moody, CH Spurgeon, and many of the Sabbath keeping Christian groups as well would all agree with these texts. For all of us know that the moral law of God - includes the TEN Commandments and is written on the mind and heart of the born again saint under the New Covenant.

1 John 2
    2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
    2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
    3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
    4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
    5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
    6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Romans 6

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
    13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
    14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
    15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
    16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
    18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

in Christ,

Bob

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Just a curiosity question for you Bob,

Would you have any problem visiting with your brothers and sisters in Christ from another denomination which worships on Sundays and corporately worshipping with them on a Sunday?

Our Messianic Jewish brothers and sisters in Christ that I mentioned actually have their corporate worship time on Friday evenings. When we visit them, we worship with them at this time. When they visit with us, they worship with us on Sunday.

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have done that for years every place I have ever lived as an adult.

But primarily when I do that I visit Southern Baptist congregations because their service and Sunday School is almost identical to ours.

in Christ,

Bob

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

O, not?!

I have them still, and they all are in BB's archives still, the posts in that debate about 'The Desire of Ages' and Sunday's significance for "all the world" never to forget --- those statements by Mrs E.G. White which DISAPPEARED from the internet : those "Ellen White('s)" which Bob Ryan 'never promoted'!

No more comfortable cushion for relaxation and to forget about one's woes and regrettable jokes than time and people's bad memories ...

... elephants have memories almost as good as bush-pigs in Germany.

And that was only one case.

No, Bob Ryan, you cannot put your fingers to a keyboard or the spirit of Ellen White haunts you.

Granted, in ONE exceptional instance, you diverted and departed from Ellen White's dictation. In the very recent past I asked you to tell us more about it. It's a few weeks now if I'm not mistaken, but all I hear from you is your laughing at my jokes.

I never saw myself as a joker, you know ...

#64 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2013
  5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Exactly one if not the best hare from Bob the magician's hat -- don't spoil his shows; leave his earning his living and be kind to animals at the same time.

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is CORRECT: "NONE of them cited hold to the Sabbath being for the Church"

This is incorrect and FALSE as the previous is CORRECT: "ALL would say that we uphold the law of God by walking in the HS,a s he will empower us to live for God as he intends".

On the contrary ALL and EVERY ONE of THOSE really great and devout men of God [John Wesley excepted], would SPURN such boasting hypocrisy.

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Circumcision is nothing; and uncircumcision is nothing;
    Baptism by immersion is nothing and baptism by sprinkling is nothing;
    Sunday-sabbath is nothing and Fourth Commandment-sabbath is nothing.

"MOST IMPORTANT IS ... that Christ ROSE FROM THE DEAD THE THIRD DAY...", "...IN THE FULLNESS OF THE SABBATH…", "For God thus concerning the DAY THE SEVENTH DAY SPAKE ... BY THE SON ... AND GOD FROM ALL HIS WORKS, RESTED."

The Sabbath Day CHANGED : changed because of its REASON and the ESSENCE OF ITS FULLNESS changed from the Law to the Living Word of God: which is Jesus Christ—Jesus Christ RESURRECTED FROM THE DEAD "THE THIRD DAY...", "...SABBATH-DAY'S-TIME", "...and God the DAY The Seventh Day FINISHED ... and BLESSED ... and SANCTIFIED the DAY The Seventh Day IN THAT HE RESTED FROM ALL THE WORKS GOD HAD WROUGHT / ACCOMPLISHED / CONQUERED THROUGH / FINISHED IN" ... IN HIM, Jesus Christ; IN HIM, in RESURRECTION from the dead.

Sundayers are still as the grave; No; graves still tell tales; they are still as the dead. Even stiller : they are as still as Sunday in the Word of God.

#67 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Apr 24, 2013
  8. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

And YOU, hold YOURSELF as being a 'prophet' because you boast the same 'Spirit' that directs prophets what to speak, directs YOU what to do and believe.

#68 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Apr 24, 2013
  9. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Do YOU, hold that one must keep the law of the NT in order to be saved?

10. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That's good to hear :thumbs:

11. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    ... and if a Sundaydarian rejects the prophet saying the Sabbath as binding for God's People in Hebrews 4:9 for instance, will he be saved?

12. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    AUDACIOUS! And you think it a joke or serious?! Bloating pride! The SDA balloon MUST burst, soon!

13. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Very well; yet, the bare cross is Roman Catholic doctrine of redemption and salvation par excellence.

True Christian redemption and salvation theology or doctrine or teaching or proclamation goes BEYOND the cross to Christ's RESURRECTION where it finds "THE EXCEEDING GREATNESS OF GOD'S POWER to us-ward who believe ACCORDING TO THE WORKING OF HIS MIGHTY POWER WHICH HE WROUGHT / ACCOMPLISHED / FINISHED WHEN HE RAISED CHRIST from the dead and SET / SEATED / ENTHRONED / RESTED-HIM-UP-AGAIN at his own right hand in heavenly MAJESTY.”
    “And they … ON THE SABBATH … came through the high-gate into the King’s House, and set the Son of the King upon the Throne of the Kingdom…”, “And He sat on the Throne of the kings and all the People of the land rejoiced, and the city was quiet.”

True redemption and salvation theology or doctrine or teaching or proclamation goes BEYOND the cross to Christ's RESURRECTION where it finds “GOD FROM ALL HIS WORKS THE DAY THE SEVENTH DAY : RESTED.”

14. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The true Church of God NEVER held to must NOT keep the law!

If you belong to a church that teaches or holds to NOT keep the law you belong to a bunch of libertine evildoers who say there's no judgment so go along do as you feel if it's contrary the Law or not. For such transgressors of the Law there is nothing but the Judgment of God waiting.

And NO Spirit of GOD'S is there, who would set a child of God up against his Law. "NO ONE CAN SAY THAT JESUS IS LORD BUT BY THE HOLY SPIRIT" FOR THE HOLY SPIRIT CANNOT DENY CHRIST BUT SHALL TESTIFY AND WITNESS OF HIM.

15. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Utter legalism!

To expect that of "a lost person"! Sheer madness!

16. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Do you have an actual Bible text for it??

NO! You MISQUOTE!

This is just presumption on your part.

If Ephesians 4:4-10 said "the gifts go until the 2nd coming" then point us to the OTHER text, because it is NOT in Ephesians 4:4-10!

Until you do that you are a liar.

17. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

What thing is 'Messianic Jews'? It's a contradiction in terms as in practice. You're a Christian or not a Christian; "There no longer are JEWS".

That there always have been Sabbathkeepers does not say the Sabbath has ever been understood "according to the Scriptures"--that is, the Sabbath truth as it is IN CHRIST. And I may add, the Sabbath truth as it is in "Christ our Passover" and "Lamb of God".

#77 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Apr 24, 2013
  18. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The SDBs only taught what they knew about the Sabbath -- exactly what the SDAs accepted from them; which is by far not all 'what the Bible had to say on the matter'.

Of course no one of them would accept that!

19. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    About Sundaykeepers, God speed to them, they do not know what they do. They do not know they have no liberty from the Scriptures to gather together for corporate worship or rest anytime they desire or on Sundays exclusively.

It every time presents this problem if an individual or a group would proclaim that they MUST gather together on Sundays to do corporate worship in order to be a true or obedient to Christ Christian congregation or individual.

20. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What could make you think they changed their mind or could change their mind? SDAs?! Just now Bob Ryan will return answer on your 'jokes'.