1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Seventh-Day Adventists

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Bible Answer Kid, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    ge:
    Well obviously them Catholics dont pray to them and worship them images and pictures either ... they say, just like the SDAs say ...

2. Samuel Owen

Samuel Owen New Member

Talk about getting tiring, but this is the usual result with this kind of thing. I have posted a lot of information by others, some of which I know to be correct, and probably some of which may be an exaggeration.

I knew the result of posting the Bible statement, now lets straighten it out. The SDA as an organization did not write the Clear Word correct, but they print it, and sell it in all of their book stores. So that says they indorse it, and I would probably keep my name off of it also

Lets try this one, called the “Remnant Seed Doctrine”.

{ In Seventh-day Adventist theology , there will be an end time remnant of believers faithful to God. Traditionally the Seventh-day Adventist Church has been understood to be a catalyst for the formation of this group, or as roughly equivalent to the group. This is not a claim that Adventists are the only one who will be saved, but that they have been specially entrusted by God with a message for the end times (Which pretty well says, they are the only Church with the truth ).
    This assertion is implied in the 13th fundamental teaching of the church, "Remnant and Its Mission". The interpretation is based primarily upon Revelation 12:17, which states: "And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." (King James Version) The New International Version and other modern Bible translations often use "rest" in place of "remnant”. }

Now this pretty well says that the rest of the Churches are trusting in lies. So I guess we might as well fold up our tents and go home. The Bible says God is no respecter of persons, and that would include Churches also. To say such a thing would be judgmental, the Bible also says Judge not, lest ye be judged by the same measure.

All Denominations have their share of Tares within them, but I think there are cases where there are just a whole glob of them in one place. But that’s not up to me to decide, we will just have to wait for the Lord to sort it out.

I am a Berean by nature, when someone says something I go and check it out. When I find it does not line up with Scripture, I disregard it, that’s exactly what I have done with the SDA disregarded it.

3. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

:rolleyes: Gerhard,

What you are saying about the images has nothing to do with the point Bob was trying to make and I think you know that.

4. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Oh agony, here we go again, this has been explained time and time again.

We do not and have never taught that our church is the only one who has members who will be saved.

Rv:18:4: And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

the verse refers to those who are under this deception as "MY people". There are God's people in every denomination.

Just like in Revelation 3 it says:

Rv:3:17: Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked

yet it also says:

19: As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Notice He loves them, and they are HIS people.

are they deceived ??

Y E S !!

are we saying people are deceived in some cases?

Y E S !!

Heavens sake its no different than you saying someone else is deceived.

Claudia

5. bound

bound New Member

Love is the summary of the Law? No, No, No it is it's fulfillment...

Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. - Romans 13:8

Love was the intent of the Mosaic Law because the Mosaic Law sought to project a divine attribute (Love) into the society of God's Chosen People.

When we get this confused is when legalism begins and when we get Love confused with pleasure is when antinomianism begins. Christianity must lie in a dynamic relationship with God's Will between the two.

Oh, I'm sorry you have that ailment. I just believe individuals that used 'canned responses' are individuals that are not actually interested in 'dialogue'. I'm not here to win a debate, I'm interested in learning about your faith and sharing mine.

May God continue to bring you grace and peace. Amen.

6. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

can you kill someone and love them? can you steal from someone and love them? can you worship idols and love God? just which one of these commandments do you think you can break now that you are under grace and still be loving God and your neighbor?

or do you think now that you are under grace its ok to kill your neighbor or steal from them or worship idols?

dont you see that God is the one who gets to define what love is?

Plus I didnt think I should dialogue with you since you went and left the "T" out of my name :)

Claudia

#106 Claudia_T, Dec 10, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2006
  7. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is the most credible thing you have stated. "Some" of what you have posted "is correct". It is left as an exercise for the reader to ferret out what portions are pure error vs half-truth vs all truth.

That kind of posting requires a lot of work on the part of the reader to "clean it up" so that they have something of substance to rely on.

Why do it??

In Christ,

Bob

8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "They"???

This is a paraphrase NOT a Bible!!

This is ONE man's view not a voted position by the SDA church.

this is ONE man's way of saying how HE views the Bible - not a document vetted by the SDA Biblical Research Committee.

why not go to the 27 fundamental beliefs of SDAs - those that the denomination actually VOTES and promotes as its own doctrine to its own members instead of continually casting about you for bogus sources?

In Christ,

Bob

9. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Lev 19:18 "LOVE your Neighbor as yourself"
    Deut 6:5 "Love God with all your heart"

IS the Mosaic Law!

It did not cancel out the commandments of God in the OT -- and it does not cancel out the Commandments of God in the NT. It is the point of law upon which "ALL of the Law and prophets depend".

To obliterate God's Commandments you must first wipe out these two pillars - Love for God and Love for your neighbor because these form the foundation for all that follows.

In Christ,

Bob

10. Samuel Owen

Samuel Owen New Member

Bob.

Although I admit information from a lot of sources may be extravagant, and I think I did that.

But the old saying that where there is smoke, there must be some fire, still holds true.
    But what I can tell you, from watching the series of seminars on those 12 disks I mentioned before. Is I can't agree with the SDA on anything, even if I should agree on the slightest point, it would be compromising the whole truth. And the whole truth is you are just plain wrong, no more or no less.

Before I watched those DVD's I would have said "Oh the 7th. Day Adventists are not so bad, just a little diffrent". But since I have, I would just as quickly attend the Catholic Church as the SDA. And I don't think that is going to happen.

11. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

well thats just silly. We believe in keeping the 10 commandments, you know like not killing anybody, not stealing from anyone, not worshipping idols.

we believe in the second coming of Christ.

we believe in the 7th day Sabbath just as the 7th day Baptists do, so Im guessing they believe in keeping the 10 commandments as well.

You make it sound as if we have some weird stuff going on and if we do its stuff Ive never been in contact with in all my 20 years as an SDA.

You just need to start going to our own websites for your info, looks like.

Claudia

12. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    CT:
    "weird stuff going on and if we do its stuff Ive never been in contact with in all my 20 years as an SDA."

Weirdest is it's not weird you accept this 'stuff' not weird but 'truth', Christian 'truth!

13. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Like those pictures ... don't pass the bucket to BobRyan.

14. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Gerhard,

thats what I mean about you, you just dont make any sense

15. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I say there's weird stuff going on in your Church doctrinally, and that it is unbelievably weird the fact you don't see it.

16. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Gerhard,

Okay well at least I can understand what you are saying this time.

But I have had every single one of our doctrines shown to me out of the Bible and so I see absolutely nothing weird about any of them in the least.

Claudia

17. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is so perfectly phrased Samuel - I want to save it for my files.

That just had to be the way the prosecution opened in the case of the Salem witch trials!

Each time I refer you to the primary documents of the ACTUAL SDA doctrinal statements - you simply continue to point out your reliance on "bubious sources" saying "yes but no matter how bad my sources are -- where there is smoke there must be fire".

I can tell from watching the carefree way you cast about you for sources and "infer facts into those sources instead of letting them speak for themselves" -- that you are not yet focused on the value of "factual exchanges".

Glaringly evident at this point - so I will let you continue to pursue that kind of basis for issuing accusations against other Christian groups.

I choose not to engage in the same kind of practices.

In Christ,

Bob

18. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well that's all the proof I need to accept it -- those SDAs must really be strange if GE does not like their teaching that Adam did NOT sin on Day 6 of Creation Week. Those stinky Adventist claim that when God "pronounced it good" on day six - that mankind was perfect and sinless and in harmony with our creator at the end of creation week - day six!!

How awful friends -- just terrible!!

Why can't they see that GE is right when he imagines that Adam sinned instantly on day six and then God "pronounced it good"!!???

hmmm. better rethink that post.:laugh:

19. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

You're too funny, Bob :laugh:

20. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thanks. I thought it best to try and see GE's point for a second.

that was actually fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.