1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sewing needle in son's leg!

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Beth, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Beth

Beth New Member

Our nine year old, Stanley, somehow or other got a sewing needle embedded in his leg! He had minor surgery today, four stitches, and is very happy presently with the new toy his Dad bought him at Walgreen's after his ordeal.

Please pray that his leg will heal well, and he won't experience much pain. Apparently, it took two pediatric surgeons digging in the leg to retrieve the needle...YUCK!

Your sister in Christ,
    Beth

2. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

Ouch! The things kids can manage to do.

May God send his healing power, and comfort Mom and Dad too.

3. Sunflowermama

Sunflowermama New Member

My son stepped on a sewing needle. It went right through his heal. He though he stepped on a be and he said it STUNG for a few days. I decided that was way to long so I took him to the DR. the DR. said "I don't see anything" He was right you could not see anything on his heal. About two days later my son said it realy hurt so I looked at it pushed on his heal a little, I was shocked to see the needle slide out. I cleaned him up and he is fine.
    I hope your son heals well!!

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

My daughter did the exact same thing, except the end was out enough for me to get it. And it was the sharp end that was out, it went into her heel eye side. I still wince thinking about it. Poor thing! She learned to put her sewing needles away and be VERY careful not to drop any when she had the box out!

Beth, he'll certainly have a story to tell his friends, and a new scar to show off. For some reason that always seems to comfort little kids around that age when they have something icky happen to them!

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Bless Stanley. I am praying for him.

6. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Praying here, Beth. Some amazing stories here! I ran a toothpick in my foot, but never a sewing needle.

7. Beth

Beth New Member

Thank you!

He had jumped on our couch, landing on his knees. His sister had left a sewing needle on the couch, and it went in sideways right under his shin! It also broke off, EEEWWW! He also complained that a bee had stung him. We figured it was a wasp sting, but instead of getting better it was getting more painful! Funny how many have similar stories, LOL!

8. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Bless his heart! Or should I have said his leg!

9. Beth

Beth New Member

Thank you

Thank you for your prayers! Stan had his stitches out on Friday...everything has healed up just fine!

your sis in Christ,
    Beth

10. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Thanks! For...

sharing answered to prayer with us concern Stan.