1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sexual purity

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I stayed with my girlfriend for 4 days last week and we never had sex and stayed sexually pure. The way I define sex does not encompass physical affection such as holding hands, hugging, kissing, and cuddling on the coach. Some hardcore Fundamentalist will add their traditions and experiences to the word of God and call it a sin to be alone with a woman/man, and to kiss and hug. But this is tradition and not Bible!
    Some got a bit overly paranoid and told me it was dangerous to stay with someone I have never met, and dangerous to stay in the same house with this woman for fear of having sex. Well all critics proved to be wrong as I expected. There is not a monster behind every corner, and not a black widow spider under every rock. Some have gotten bitten and eaten alive, and the stories are all over the television. But… they do not represent the majority, just a minority that is highly advertised and marketed. So you see I do not consider it a sin to temporarily stay with someone of the opposite sex, nor do I consider it a sin to live/rent a room from someone of the opposite sex if there is no attraction. However if there is a relationship then it would be a sin as the Bible is quite clear on marriage and the bed being undefiled.

#1 evangelist6589, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2012
  2. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

Well, even though I admire your moral standards, I have to disagree that this is the minority. Sex is rampant in this world we live in, at least with anyone past the 5th grade.

It is sad, but most people are eaten alive by the influence of sex in our society. Very few are "pure" at their weddings.

When I was young I know I was bad.

Only grace, mercy and forgiveness delivered me from that life.

John

3. seekingthetruth

1 Thessalonians 5:22

22 tAbstain from all appearance of evil.

Even though you may have behaved properly, it may be hard to convince those you are witnessing to that you were. I believe you, but unfortunenately, most people would not.

John

4. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Did you argue about your phones at all?

Did you two go and do some Way of the Master open air preaching? Maybe you could have found some people to holler at and tell them (open air style) that you were sleeping in the same house, yet staying pure?

5. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Evangelist, may God bless you and this lady.

- Peace

6. seekingthetruth

Good post preacher. Sometimes it's hard to look past the obvious problems and just wish blessings.

I too wish blessings on Evangelist and his new love.

John

7. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I too would like to wish God's best in your life and relationship.

Several months ago I was privileged to attend the wedding of a couple that were both about 50 years of age. They had both been involved in biker gangs and the things that go with it. However, they had both been saved and when they started dating they committed to abstinence. They made it to the wedding and I believe God blesses such self discipline and the desire to live holy lives.

8. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aren't you so proud of yourself.

I'm going to take a bit of opposite side to this issue.

First, you committed adultery according to Christ. You lusted after each other and gave occasion to the flesh to act upon that lust. Adultery is not merely the physical consummation of two unmarried people.

Second, you violated scriptures where it states that it is good that a man not touch a woman.

Third, you have neglected to remain pure in the eyes of the world and brought an occasion for the enemy to slander your testimony. You can claim all the innocence you desire, but your testimony is shot and will take years to rebuild.

Fourth, you have abused the forum by attempting to demonstrate to the members some approval and agreement with you, by claiming and stating action in the first part that you enjoyed that you disapprove and disavow as a minority in the second part of your post.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.