1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sgt. Keith Matthew Maupin Has Been Found

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Martin, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The body of Sgt. Keith Matthew Maupin Has been found. Maupin was kidnapped by Iraqi insurgents April 9, 2004. After his kidnapping, I recall his captors saying that he would be treated according to Islamic law. Well, they kept their word when they killed him (excuse me, murdered him). No prisoner should ever be killed. I am happy for Maupin's family in that they now know the fate of their son. There is no excuse for killing a prisoner. None whatsoever. I don't care who the captors are or what their excuses are. I pray that those who killed him rot in hell for all eternity. Their eternal condemnation is just. Those who murder do not have eternal life within them and will spend eternity in the lake of fire (Rev 21:8).

STORY FROM CNN

[​IMG]

#1 Martin, Mar 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2008
  2. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I wouldn't wish hell on anyone except the devil and his angels..... but, how does anyone.... short of God, forgive? ... And sadly, and lately, it seems we have more and more abundance of mans own inhumanity towards mankind.... How long will God suffers us to live as we do with the wars, and murders, and mysticism and self worship, and the killing of babies and the thumbing of our nose to morality, and the breakup of homes, addictions, and lawlessness of the people AND lawlessness of our leaders!

Correy Ten Boone got the grace to forgive years later when confronted with a former guard or officer from her prison camp.

I'm glad the family now knows and hope that comfort and 'closure' will come eventually with peace for them.

(I once lived in Raleigh in a very nice neighborhood.... my next door neighbor was an attorney and already had grown children. Their last name was 'Maupin"....hope it wasn't any of his family. They were really nice to me, giving me brief counsel when my college bound husband walked out.)

#2 windcatcher, Mar 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2008
  3. guitarpreacher

guitarpreacher New Member

"The body of Sgt. Keith Matthew Maupin Has been found. Maupin was kidnapped by Islamofacist Terrorist April 9, 2004."

There, fixed that for you.