1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Share Jesus Without Fear

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Brian30755, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

I'm currently reading Share Jesus Without Fear, and I was just wondering if you have read it and what you think of it, but more importantly, have you used the witnessing technique explained in this book, and what kind of response have you received? (Here's a LINK to another website with more information about it.)

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Brian, I have went through the book and taken a group from our church through it. I personally like it because of the concept of using questions to get people talking.

3. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

I'm about half-way through it now, and I really like what I've read so far. I think maybe I had started to let myself think that The Way of the Master was the only "right" way to witness, but I can see how the "Share Jesus" method might make it easier to get people talking. Maybe a combination of the two? I don't know. I do know that I've not been sharing Jesus with others like I know I should...and it's really bothering me.

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Brian, I actually was going to suggest a combo of the 2 would be good. I think it is good to remain flexible.

5. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

We had to do SJWF in a seminary evangelism class, and of all the ones we did, that was my favorite. I like to combine elements from several, but I like the questions and how relational they are.

6. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I don't think the "how you do it" is as important as simply doing it...of course, as long as witnessing is done in a Biblical sense.
    My mentor from college went through FAITH and he hated that presentation, because it wasn't how he felt comfortable in witnessing. He was very much an evangelist and would witness to a tree if given the opportunity, but had his own style and technique.

I do like a lot of what i have seen in Way of the Master, and i mix it with stuff i have learned in MasterLife, as well as keeping an EvangeCube handy too.
    I plant the seeds and let God bring the harvest.

7. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    bobbyd, please help me out. I guess I've been in Japan too long. Please explain briefly what Way of the Master, Masterlife and EvangeCube are. :confused:

8. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

9. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, Brian. I'll check them out. Always looking for new ways to reach the Japanese!

John

10. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

The Evangecube was created to be used overseas by us American's who don't like to learn foreign languages too well...so it may be a great resource for you to use.

11. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm the opposite--a nutty American who LOVES languages. But it still might be a good resource. From the website, it's a puzzle, right? How hard is it? I did solve the Rubic Cube once--just once! :D

12. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

it's about the size of a rubics cube, but no...it isn't a puzzle. It flips and folds into different pictures that help you guide someone through a gospel presentation.

13. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the info, bobbyd. God bless! [​IMG]

14. Bob Dudley

Bob Dudley New Member

Hi all, I'm new here. [​IMG]

Evangelism is my passion. I remember when I first started to try to talk to people about the Lord and what He did for me - I was terrified.

Anyway, I found the secret (not much of a secret since the Bible tells us this) is to go out with someone else that actually knows what they are doing. In others words, what worked for me was finding a program that had "on the job training".

In particular, I was introduced to Sword of the Lord's Soul Winner's Club. But I think David Wood has a similar program and so does the Evangelism Explosion people.

Another good program (and I'll lay a disclaimer here - I may start working for these poeple starting this summer ;) ) is the Christian Farmer's Outreach or a similar program. Here you give the gospel at a booth at a county or state fair - after some initial training. It is a very non-threatening way to start giving the gospel. All the people you would talk to already know they are going to hear a Christian message so it really cuts down on Mr and Mrs Grump.

Since I'm always looking for new ways and ideas to tell people about Jesus, this weekend I'm ordering the books ya'll have mentioned. That cube looks pretty interesting also.

Well, back to the books - my wife and I are studying for a Greek exam we have on Monday. Talk to ya'll later.

15. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Imagine Jesus writing a book on sharing Jesus without fear. I have never seen anyone who does not begin to share their faith as I disciple them. Some need more encouragement than others.