1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Shared Thought On BB Advertiser!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jan 15, 2012.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I couldn't help but notice that Azusa Pacific University is now advertising on the Board, and as an Alumnus of APU, it made me both proud and excited to see them advertising on the Board.

I would like to recommend that parents, interested parties, and others (looking for institutions of higher education) to take a long hard look at APU and their academic offerings.

They are an excellent University, growing in leaps and bounds, and I am not saying that because I graduated from there. They continue to grow in academic excellence while maintaining a Christian environment, and the kind of atmosphere where students can still get a hands-on education.

SEE: http://www.apu.edu/

Their faculty continues to be one of the best in the country, and their athletic department has finally moved from the NAIA to NCAA Division II.

A few of their more notable athletes are Christian Okoye '88 (football) who played five years for the Kansas City Chiefs (NFL). While in the NFL he was often referred to as the " Nigerian Nightmare;" and more recently, Bryan Clay 2008 Olympic Decathlon Champion; and Mike Barnett ’83, Innocent Egbunike ’86, Dave Johnson ’86, the Ezinwa twins, and Davidson and Osmond ’94, all of whom went on to enjoy Olympic glory.

SEE:http://www.sgvtribune.com/news/ci_18457795

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96ltQR2hrWI

In the past, I shared with several University administrators (whom I still talk with throughout the year) that I am actively involved on this board, as I'm sure others have also done, so it is great to see their ads appearing here.

Check them out, they are one more very good option for higher education with Christ at the center of all they do! :type:

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Ads? People still view the web without an ad blocker?

3. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

As I understand it, the adverts that appear on our screens when visiting the BB will depend, at least to an extent, on where we are geographically. For example, there is an advert on the page I am now on writing this reply, but I am 99% certain that people in America won't see it. It is an advert from a UK holiday (that is, vacation) provider. It says:
    (company name) The Home of all-inclusive. Sale now on. Save up to £200
    The adverts on the BB are put there (as far as I know) by Google.

4. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

I keep seeing one for Maranatha Baptist Bible College, which is downstate.

5. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    funny, the one I see right now is on "Tough Mudder" events. I won't click
    on them so I don't know where it is.

6. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Liberty Univesity here in the NE.

Rob

7. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Off topic a bit but there was recently a banner ad on here that my virus protection immediately identified as an undesirable webpage. Indication was that this particular website transmitted destructive virus(s). The ad was up only a day or two and since then I haven't noticed it.

8. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Azusa ---

Are they the ones showing 5 or 6 girls asking me if I want to visit with them?

:)