1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sharpton, Tyson, and the Pope

Discussion in 'Jokes & Humor (Clean)' started by PreachTony, Oct 8, 2014.

1. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Al Sharpton, in an effort to clean up his image, decided to launch a world tour promoting peace, humanitarianism, and love. He wanted some celebrities or athletes to join him, but the only one who had free time for such a tour was Mike Tyson.

So Sharpton and Tyson began traveling the world together. One of the first stops on their tour was the Vatican. While walking around St. Peter's Square, Tyson happens upon a popcorn vendor, so he buys a bag of popcorn. He and Sharpton walk into St. Peter's Basilica, where they view the beautiful artwork of the ages, and they see the ornate altar. Tyson wanders off, looking at first one thing and then another. Every time he scoops out a handful of his popcorn, he drops several pieces on the floor.

A murmur goes through the crowd and Sharpton turns to see the Pope walking among the gathered faithful. The Pope walks up to Mike Tyson, and Sharpton sees the Pope make the sign of the cross. Shocked that the Pope would bless Mike Tyson, Sharpton isn't even aware that Tyson is running toward him.

Tyson skids to a stop, grabs Sharpton by the arm, and begins dragging him toward the door. Sharpton pulls his arm away and says, "Wait, I just saw the Pope bless you. What's going on? Why are you running?"

Tyson looks at Sharpton and says, "Oh he didn't bless me, he said," Tyson does the sign of the cross while saying, "You, get this popcorn up, get that idiot over there, and get off my property!"

PS - This version of this joke is edited to remove the racist connotations of the original version

PPS - It's funnier in person, where you can actually act it out