1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Shell made a film about climate change in 1991 (then neglected to heed its own warning)

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by FollowTheWay, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Is it "science," or "agenda?"
    The proponents of global warming lost my support when they labeled carbon DIOXIDE a greenhouse gas. I was onboard with carbon MONOXIDE, but not carbon DIOXIDE. That is - in my opinion - junk science.

Ah, yes, and to your point - have you noticed that it doesn't seem to extend past the Metro LA area?

Also, why is global warming the issue now? Following that logic, we would have destroyed the world during the Industrial Revolution, when NOBODY cared about the environment.

Again, have you gone back to see what exactly came true with respect to Al Gore's predictions?

Regards,
    BiR[/quote][/QUOTE]

• Like Like x 1
  2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you know why the scientists decided CO2 was a greenhouse gas? Do you know how much of the total input of CO2 into the atmosphere is due to human activity? Do you know the half-life a CO2 in the atmosphere?

Do you know how much of the total input of CO into the atmosphere is due to human activity? Do you know the half-life a CO in the atmosphere?

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Umm...you do not know who it is you are talking to or what he believes. You just made yourself look foolish. And no the rest of the world is not laughing at us.

4. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What happened to the [funny] icon?

5. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you know how to operate on an ascending aortic aneurysm? Can you explain the current theory on gravitation? How does Einstein's theory of relativity relates to the Theory of Quantum Mechanics? In my career, I primarily learned to find the real experts and rely on them rather than guessing in areas I wasn't an expert in. You seem to think your an expert on everything and know more than the collected wisdom of the real climate experts in this area. I'll leave that (and the other things I mentioned) up to the experts although I do like to discuss these things. I don't have the audacity to claim I know more than they do which is your problem.

6. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I am not an expert on English grammar but I am smart enough and educated enough to know the difference between "your" the personal pronoun, and "you're" the contraction for "you are."

But you only find those climate scientists who agree with you to be credible. You ignore those who disagree with your uninformed opinions.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've already posted them.

8. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, but you have not posted one article that says that man is not mostly responsible and that the Earth has gone through these cycles every 1100 years as far back as they have data. Why not?

How much global CO2 does man contribute to the atmosphere on a yearly basis? (Here is a hint: Man contributes only 6% of global CO2 - the rest comes from nature itself.)

How much global warming is created by man on Mars? (Here is a hint: NONE!)

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  10. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is the Earth flat?

11. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you drunk?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Not sure how a medical question is relevant, but no, I cannot.

Yes, I can.

I could start a discussion on this, but it'd be long, and boring to most people here.

I am not a climatologist. I am a mathematician and physicist. I never claimed to know more than climatologists. I claimed to know more than the person who put together the erroneous statistic of 97%. Because their methodology is wrong. I, as an expert in the field of math, can see this.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

#72 Sapper Woody, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Several NFL players believe it is. Seriously, I saw it a while back on ESPN.

14. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The stat is accompanied by a large number of peer reviewed papers supporting it. I can find that link agin later.