1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Shew me thy ways - teach me thy paths

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HAMel, Dec 12, 2014.

1. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the 25th Division of Psalms @ verse 4., & 5., we find the following.

4. Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths.

5. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

How many folks do you know who are out working their hind-quarters off for the Lord all the while asking for His blessings on their efforts? I've done it...

David asked the Lord to show him His ways and to teach him His paths. It was, Lord..., I don't know which way to go and what I should be doing once I get there..., short of You leadership. David was wise enough to ask for and to then follow the path(s) of the Lord vice trail blazing his own way over the river and through the woods and then asking the Lord to catch up.

The first pastor that I sat under after becoming saved had a unique way of applying the guilt complex so thick that I fell for it hook, line and sinker. According to this man it made no difference what I did it just wasn't enough.

...ask me how many times I made a fool of myself.

To young converts this particular scripture should be brought to their attention for wisdom in finding their way in their walk with the Lord. In addition, many of you currently involved in your various ministries perhaps you should ponder your situation and ask the Lord if you're on the right path.

Needless to say if you're a seasoned Pastor then you've found your way. No, you've found the path the Lord wanted you to go down. Good for you and may the Lord continue to bless. Amen.

2. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Dear Mr. HAMel,
    I was wondering how many times hav:wavey:e you made a fool of your self?
    Thanks