1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Shocking statistics

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by SRBooe, Nov 23, 2010.

1. SRBooe

SRBooe New Member

Yes, unbelief is part of the curse, and we know the penalty.

From what I know of the numerous scriptures that address salvation, I don't believe that we have any option but to know and accept Christ as presented in scriptures. I can't wrap my mind around the idea that I kinda know or sorta believe and then believe I am saved. From the information that I have found, that is what churches are presenting today.

IT also is not a matter of judging the far reaches of anyone's heart. It is knowing what the Bible says.

Would you follow a minister who tells you that he doesn't believe everything in the Bible? I would not. I also would not think that he is a brother in Christ. It is not judging- it is knowing.

IF there are provisions for exceptions made by God, He has not revealed them to me.

2. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

A couple of things:

No, I wouldn't, but it's not quite as simple an equation.

Salvation is based on relationship, not beliefs. Of course, there are prerequisite beliefs for relationships, for instance, that Christ has regenerating power.

Belief in the Bible is about believing correct interpretation, not simply uninterpreted words. Most of us would claim we believe the whole Bible, but in the end we will all likely find out that we have erred on numerous points. Is grace enough to cover those errors? Yes, provided our foundational belief has made relationship possible.

So again, we can't possibly know what lies in another heart, so we can't know with any absolute certainty another person's spiritual condition.

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can understand your consternation, and, believe me, sympathize with it.
    But, really, unbelief IS covered by Christ's blood. So is every sin the believer had, have had, has, or will have as he walks on this earth.
    Belief is as much a work of righteousness (being right) as faith is, or kindness is, or love for the brotherhood is, or almsgiving, or faithfulness, yet Titus 3:5 says "not for works of righteousnesses which we have done, but according to his mercy, he saved us".

No one here has denied the Resurrection, so chill.
    all I'm saying is that head knowledge is not God's yardstick for His people's redemption and salvation. Grace and Mercy is, and they came by Jesus Christ.
    I agree, they must believe in the fact of Christ's resurrection because that is the main cornerstone of the Christian faith BEFORE they can even think of themselves as believers.
    But for US, the believers, to make THEIR belief, the basis of our judging their eternal standing before God is wrong.
    A Christian is one who belongs to Christ because of Christ's choice of him/her, not the other way around, and a Christian is eternally secure and redeemed because OF Christ and because he is IN Christ.

4. SRBooe

SRBooe New Member

I don't have to chill - I never got heated - only shocked. Maybe it is a semantics problem. Knowing, when speaking of Godly things, involves the heart and soul. Believing does as well. Head knowledge is only for math and science.

So you agree that we must believe in Christ's resurrection in order to believe in our own. Got it.

But, then for us to acknowledge that to others is wrong.

I can just see the sermon now: the Pastor is beginning his closing and says:

"Brothers and Sisters, hopefully, there are those among you who believe the part of the Bible about the existance of heaven. If anyone here feels like he or she has not been given a pass to heaven because of the loving condition of their hearts and want to accept Jesus as their savior just to make sure, come on down and one of us will help you to confess your sins to a Person of your choosing. You can pray to either the living God or the one who stayed dead, it doesn't matter."

Nope, can't buy into it. I guess I am not smart enough to question the veracity of the Bible yet.

5. SRBooe

SRBooe New Member

Brother,you are making this oh-so complicated. It does not take a PHD to believe the Bible and accept its truths. Defining the differences between knowing and believing versus relationships is best left for courtooms, not when speaking to a person about salvation.

The truth of the Bible is not questionable. Period. The truth of how a person wants to spin it, twist it, mangle it and make it fit a personal agenda has no place. People have been doing that for centuries and look where it has gotten us.

You cannot make the error of unbelief and get covered by the blood. It is clear as day that belief is the requirement for salvation. A relationship is what I seek after my salvation, not something that achieves my salvation. First I had to believe.

6. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Not one person can be saved without belief in the bodily resurrection of Christ. None.

All other views are nonsense.

Sometimes I cannot believe what I read, but after years in ministry, I am finding it easier.

What do those who say they are believers think when this same Jesus, whom they deny rose from the dead, when it comes to Him raising them from the dead?

They are apostates in different garb, nothing more, nothing less.

7. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    why do you think there will be tears in heaven ? Because some were apostates, some lorded it over God's heritage, and some denied the Name of the One who could not deny them, while others insisted on correct doctrine and head knowledge only to be told face to face by the One who loved them before they loved Him that "old things are passed away", all are forgiven, and that's what grace is all about.

wake up.
    you are denying grace by insisting on righteousness.

8. preacher4truth

Wake up?

Thanks friend.

Now for you; Grow up, maybe?

If you're looking to argue, go elsewhere. I stated what I believe, and that's where it stands.

There won't be one person in "heaven" that did not believe that the Risen Christ did just that.

It's even the picture in baptism. Much more.

No need to argue and get mouthy, son.

9. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then when you get before the throne of God in heaven you will have to point an accusing finger at Him and ask Him why are there souls in here from ALL ages, from ALL tongues, and from ALL kindreds, and not just those who lived at a time when the gospel began to be preached and apostolic doctrine be taught ?
    You will have to, no, you are compelled by your belief, to ask God to throw them out of heaven and leave only those that have heard and believed that Christ rose from the dead. You will need to tell them that according to your understanding the blood of Christ is only as efficacious as the sinner's conversion from error to truth.

10. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll tell you what's utter nonsense, and that's people like you who think they're somehow qualified to dictate what God can or cannot do with His own. It's Christ who died, as if God didn't have the right or power to do as He wished even without that sacrifice.

11. preacher4truth

"People like you?" That's nice. You don't know me.

You mean, doing the same thing you're doing right now?

Caustic much?

As I told the other fellow, if you're looking to fight and argue and run mouth, look elsewhere. That is my belief. Don't like it, avoid it.

BTW, your argument that He could do whatever He wished without that sacrifice is bogus and hypothetical. It's settled. He sent His son. He sacrificed Him for us. Of course He can do as He wishes, but instead He does as He says.

I suppose that was a one over on me?

Unreal.

#31 preacher4truth, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2010
  12. SRBooe

SRBooe New Member

Gentlemen, consider this:

We accuse Muslims of worshipping a false god as their god did not have a son. To them Jesus was merely a prophet who did not raise from the dead. They are idolators.

Now, what is a supposed Christian who believes that Jesus did not have power to be raised from death?

It all boils down to belief in the Bible. It absolutely is not a question of doctrine - the only question is whether or not you believe the bible.

If you don't, then there is little difference between your beliefs and those of Muslims.

That is how it stands, gentlemen. Buy it or don't buy it.

13. preacher4truth

SRBooe,

Agreed. Either you do, or you don't, and that only, without all the flim flam nonsense. All this jargon about hypothesis &c has nothing to do with truth. Not one thing.

The truth is, Jesus Christ rose from the dead. :jesus: :thumbs:

Those who don't believe this and say they are Christian are frankly liars.

It doesn't mean they can't give you a good theological argument. It doesn't mean they don't have a form of godliness, but yet in turn at the same time they do deny the power thereof. Was not Paul wanting to be intimate with Christ, and the "power" of his resurrection? What would Paul have said, via theos pneustos to any in his day that denied the resurrection? As a matter of fact, some peoples entire faith was overthrown by those who mirepresented the resurrection, 2 Timothy 2:18, and those doing this to others have "erred from the truth." They erred literally away from revealed truth that God gave to us in His Word.

The time is here that people don't endure sound doctrine. Instead, intellect is exalted, and reason, and a mix of mysticism and Christian revelation seems to be the status quo too, above the revelation of truth contained within God's Word.

I'm sticking to what God said.

In other words, let each of us refrain from attempting to show how smart and intellectual we are, which is seeking self glory, and instead glorify God, and especially what He did through His Son in raising him bodily from the grave.

It's truth that sets us free.

Peter says we have this whole entire hope of ours because of the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. 1 Peter 1:3.

Thanks for your words SRBooe, they are much appreciated from at least me.

- Blessings

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Muslims are not saved. If you speak to one of them they would deny being idolatrous. They don't worship idols, they say. But their religion is a false religion and to them Jesus is only a prophet and not God.
    He would be unsaved. The gospel is the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. One cannot be saved without belief in the resurrection. Scripture is adamant on this point:

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
    2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
    3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
    4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day
    according to the scriptures: (1 Corinthians 15:1-4)

We are saved by the gospel, as Paul stated it above--the death, the burial and the resurrection of Jesus Christ--according to the Scriptures. Without the resurrection there is no gospel. Without the gospel there is no salvation. It couldn't be any clearer. Salvation is not a simple "Billy Graham--make a commitment to Jesus."
    Here my friend, is doctrine. To believe your Bible is to believe doctrine. Doctrine is another word for teaching. If you believe your Bible you believe the teaching (or doctrines) of your Bible.
    The Muslims are required by the Koran to believe the Prophets, the Psalms and the Gospels. Their views on that statement and interpretation of it are another topic. It is unbelief in the gospel or rejection of the atoning work of Christ that sends one into a Christless eternity.

15. SRBooe

SRBooe New Member

DHK, thanks for your clarification. My response was directed at a response done earlier when someone said that Jesus' blood can cover an error in doctrine. My point is that the question is not about theory, it is whether or not we believe the Bible. I guess I could have phrased it better.

I wish everyone as happy a Thanksgiving day as I plan to have.

16. ashleysdad

ashleysdad Member

I have to disagree with you on this. Salvation is based first and foremost on beliefs. To have a correct relationship with Christ there has to be a foundation of correct beliefs. Any relationship not based on truth is not a valid relationship in the first place. Without a fundamental belief in the truth of the Gospel which includes the death, burial, and resurrection there is no salvation. A relationship based on a denial of any part of the Gospel is a relationship based on a lie, plain and simple. Do we have to understand everything about the Bible before we can be saved? No, but, we do have to understand and believe that Jesus was God incarnate and that He crushed the power of sin and death by His death, burial and resurrection. To deny any part of that is to deny the Gospel and is to deny real salvation!