1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Short Question

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by chuck2336, Apr 14, 2008.

1. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

I asked this in a different thread and the thread was shut down before anyone answered. I am not rehashing that thread as that may be a violation of BB rules, and I would never do that!
    :saint:

Here is the question,

Are we as christians held to a higher standard than the lost? What I mean is Are we to love more, give grace more, and grant mercy more simply because we know Jesus?

Should'nt we be "better" in all things? If not, what is going to be thier motivation to believe?

This is not in referance to anything, this has been heavy on my heart.

2. North Carolina Tentmaker

I would say yes. I believe that is in line with what Jesus taught in Luke 12:47-48
    When I take a group of kids somewhere I expect better behaviour from my own children than I do someone else's. Why would God not expect more from me than from those he does not know?

3. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    To whom much is given, much will be required.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The opening of their heart by the Holy Ghost.

5. North Carolina Tentmaker

While we may not be their only motivation to believe we certainly can be a hindrance to their belief.

I Pet 1:25 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:

6. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

The answer to that is a definite YES. If others can't see Christ in us, why would they desire Him?