1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Short term mission teams going out??

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by SaggyWoman, Jan 5, 2014.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Does your church have any going out this year?

Our church will send out teams to help with a work in Guatemala.

2. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I highly recommend them. Mission trips put a face on missions. We can have mission emphasis. We can have sermons on missions. We can invite missionaries to come tell of their work. But it's not the same as being there on the field.

My first mission trip (to Romania) was a life-changing experience.

A couple of years ago, several from our church went on a mission trip to Eastern Kentucky. Their eyes still light up when they talk about it.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most likely but have not planned it yet.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We had a team in Cuba two months ago (working with local pastors) and we have a team leaving Saturday for Nicaragua. I think the focus on this trip will be working to start building sports fields in the dump where many live so that the kids have a great place to hang out and do something constructive. In addition, we have a group of girls going down to teach the dance worship to the young girls who have been sexually abused and are now in a home for care, growth and spiritual teaching and guidance. I understand that there are a bunch of girls from other communities who will be coming as well (most of them walking hours to get there) and our girls will be ministering to them as well (girls their age as well as 4 adult women). We've been working with this same ministry there for a number of years.

5. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

Seattle, Moldova, and Uganda. Seattle and Moldova are in support of church plants. Uganda was originally our Pastor going to preach at a revival at an orphanage. He has had so much interest in it from other members it has become a mission trip.

We have a 5 year plan with a matching weekly giving plan for Seattle and Moldova. 2014 is year two.