1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Short Term Mission Trips

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dr. Bob, Feb 8, 2011.

1. North Carolina Tentmaker

Cuba may well be an exception Ann, I am sure your trips have accomplished much. I have heard from missionaries in Costa Rica and in Beleze (sp?) that there were many out of work local construction workers who earned less in a year than some "missionaries" spent on their plane tickets for a week.

Then there is the entire witnessing aspect of hiring someone to work for the church. and you can add to that with the local ownership of individuals knowing they participated in the construction. Please don't think I am condemning missions trips, I am not, just encouraging people to look at the value of what they are doing.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Oh, absolutely, I agree. What our guys do is to go and train the local men in building so that they have skills that will help them continue the building while we were not there. If there were local builders who were skilled, I'm sure we'd use them as well - and still go to do the pastor's training. :)