1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Should a good Christian be patriotic?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Greektim, Mar 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The politics of the president who makes an appointment to the Supreme Court has little to do with the judicial philosophy of the Justice once they are on the Court. This has been evident at least over the last 50+ years. The most recent and worst example of this is Justice Roberts ruling on Obamacare. He made the fine imposed by the law into a tax so that he could rule with the 4 liberals on the court to uphold Obamacare.

When the Republican Party celebrates the slaughter of the unborn at a National Convention as the democrat party did in the 2012 Convention then I will call them the "party of death". It is a fact that since 1980 the democrat party platform has supported the slaughter of the unborn while the Republican party platform has opposed that slaughter. It is also a fact that nothing major, such as a Constitutional Amendment, can be accomplished until the party of death is itself dead and replaced by a party that values life!

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

As expected, you now try to excuse away any responsibility of one party over the other. Pretty typical. Both parties are complicit in these continuing atrocities. So you need to stop this attempt to brand one party over the other as a party of death.

One party instituted it. The other party celebrates it. Now everybody is involved. Your favored GOP is just as much a party to bringing about those 50 million plus deaths as is the Democrat Party.

So grab a hat. You're a member of a Death Party too.[​IMG]

3. OldRegular

zaac, Trying to reason with you is as useless as shoveling sand against the tide!

4. OldRegular

I posted these earlier zaac but like Crabtownboy you only see what agrees with your ideology!

5. OldRegular

Continued from previous post!

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Gosh I'm not trying to reason with you and your political god of division. I'm just pointing out your foolishness for what it is.:thumbsup:

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Does anything other than hypocritical foolishness come off your fingertips? You continue to try to explain away why the GOP isn't also complicit in those 50+ million deaths and mkae one party over another into the "party of death". But then have the stones to talk about somebody only seeing what agrees with their theology. :laugh:

Like I said before,the Supreme Court that gave us abortion on demand was led by Republican appointed justices. So try as you may to wiggle out of it, the GOP was the original "party of death" if we're gonna assign names and remains just as complicit in the deaths of those 50+ million unborn babies as does the Democrat Party.

The devil doesn't care about what party you favor politically.

8. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

As a blanket statement, I'd have to disagree. If one party is more morally upright, and will stand for Christian values, then of course he's going to try and get that party out of power.

I am independent. But with our current political system, my votes generally go to republicans. While not the best party possible, I believe the republican party to be worlds closer to my christian values than the democratic party.

Concerning abortion, regardless of how things started, look at the party's stances today. Generally, democrats are for it, and republicans are against it. It really is that simple.

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Except for that fact that when the GOP had the White House, the Senate, and the House their legislation allowed roughly 99.8% of the abortions to continue.

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Someone needs to get their facts straight. Of course when one doesn't care to know the truth so they can keep their own private narrative then facts do not matter.

11. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What are the facts? Rather meaningless statement standing on its own, also it is very humorous.

#211 Crabtownboy, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2014
  12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And which party would that be? The one who says it stands for Christian values while backing a man who is 100% against Christ or the one that says it stands for Christian values by backing every possible unChristlike initiative imaginable?

So a party that puts forth a man who 100% rejects Christ is closer to your Christian values? I honestly don't know if I would tell folks that? People can still be saved if they get values wrong. If we got them thinking it's okay to not have Jesus, then we got some problems.

And if you look at taking care of the poor, generally Democrats are for it and the Republicans are against it.

So how does one preach concern for 50 million dead while showing disdain for the living?

Politics needs to be left out of any conversation dealing with the church. All it does is bring division amongst the Body about things that shouldn't even be our focus.

It's nothing short of foolish and divisive to call one party the party of death when they are both equally complicit. And the only reason again that people continue to take shots at one party over another about ISSUES is that politics has become more important amongst those in the church than has the things of God.

We've got this warped notion that if we get the politics and the politicians of a certain party, everything will once again be fine and it won't.

Sin will still be an issue and folks will still be going to hell because complacent folks in their comfortable politics that protects their 401ks and their material stuff that they want to pass on to their children and their grandchildren will sit and rest in their complacency because no one has tried to take it away from them.

The church is so busy worrying about issues and politics that we've seen to have lost track of what our focus is supposed to be.

13. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are right. I believe one reason those who are so strident about abortion is that it is easy. All you have to do is scream about abortion. It requires nothing else.

However, to be in favor of helping the poor, the ill, the homeless, children in need will require they give of their time and money. In other words, it costs and they do not want anything that costs them. I really believe this.This, IMHO, is the primary reason some get so uptight when Christ's teachings are mentioned.

They really do not want to hear words such as:

“When Christ calls a man, he bids him come and die.”

“The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children.”

“We must be ready to allow ourselves to be interrupted by God.”

“Christianity without discipleship is always Christianity without Christ.”

All from D. Bonehoeffer.

Far too many christians, yes little c, want Christ without cost.

14. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

What's happening here is a misconception. To be in favor of welfare reform is not to be against welfare.

I am all for helping the poor and needy. I'm not going to puff myself up by describing what I do, but hopefully you'll take me at my word and believe that I do something. The problem is the system, and those that take advantage of it. If a man is not willing to work, he shouldn't be taken care of. If he CAN'T work, he should be taken care of. If he made some bad decisions and needs some temporary help, then by all means help him out. But if he is milking the system, or taking illegal drugs, or is simply wanting someone to take care of him for nothing, then don't help him out.

And there are things we could do to help the system not be taken advantage of. Drug testing is one. Cashiers reporting people who buy food for others with their food stamps, so they can buy alcohol is another. Turning in receipts of groceries for those on welfare and mandatory finance classes and/or rehabilitation. Time limits on welfare. So many things to help the system.

I am not against helping people. But I am against lazy people feeding off of me. And I am against the government being in charge of the program, but unfortunately, we as Christians dropped the ball and the government had to step in.

15. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no problem with your post. For the most part I agree.

There should be a means test on lifetime welfare benefits. There are those who will be in need all their lives and there are those who are not at fault for this need.

16. OldRegular

Am I to understand that you are unconcerned about this continued slaughter. Are of the same mindset as zaac and Crabtownboy? Can you not understand that as long as there are sufficient democrats in the Senate like Schumer and Durbin to mount a filibuster nothing of substance to restrict abortion will pass. Because of those "Christians" who voted for that radical abortionist Obama we now have two more radical abortionist Justices. Hopefully he will not get the opportunity to appoint another.

Didn't you read the stuff I posted that President Bush did? Did you not know that Bush signed into law the Ban on Partial Birth Abortion that Clinton vetoed twice? The only chance that we have of stopping the continuation of this holocaust is to kill the radical leftist democrat party, the "party of death" and replace it with a pro-life party.

17. OldRegular

I believe you have expressed the view of all Conservatives and the majority of Repunlicans. I believe the welfare state created by the democrat party is the cause of the destruction of the family in this country.

You mention drug testing. Some Federal judges have already struck that down for welfare recipients. The food stamp program is a disgrace and since Obama has been in office 20,000,000 people have been added to the program. There was a time when those on food stamps actually used stamps, now they just pull out a credit card. And then there is the Obamaphone!!:BangHead::BangHead:

May I say that your posts are always rational. Sadly I let my hatred of abortion control my emotions at times, particularly when Christians like Zaac, Crabtownboy, and C4K are ambivalent about this horror.

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

And the GOP justices did SO MUCH to stop abortion. The highly acclaimed ban on partial birth abortions allowed 99.8% of abortions to continue, just enough to placate their supporters and still allowing millions to die.

There is no Prolife party, one is only slightly less pro-murder and knows how to play their supporters.

#218 NaasPreacher (C4K), Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2014
  19. OldRegular

For your information there should be no GOP or democrat Justices. They are supposed to uphold the Constitution. Furthermore, in case you are unaware, it takes a majority of the Justices to agree on anything.

You are mistaken because there is a pro-life party, the Republican Party. It is simply that the way our government works it takes a super majority in the Senate to pass radical legislation, same as democrats when they passed Obamacare. Then that party must control the executive.

Next thing we know you will be quoting Matthew 25 just like Crabtownboy. If he is not careful he will just be translated like Enoch.

20. thisnumbersdisconnected

Sheez, he's not one of the two witnesses, is he? :laugh:

Wait, that won't work. Then there would be three men in history who "did not know death." Hmm ... weighty considerations there. :smilewinkgrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.