1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should a Private School be forced to remove its portrait of Obama?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Johnv, Sep 10, 2009.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Has nothing at all to do with class. Diplomatic skills possibly, of which I admittedly possess few.:thumbs:

Some are afraid of confronting a fool with the absurdity of their demands.

So they avoid the issue, but I guarantee you the principal will not take down the pictures...

And she's still going to be a fool. So the issue doesn't get laid to rest, it just gets more time to foment.

2. alatide

alatide New Member

As I understand it the issue has been fomenting for over 20 years. The issue is whether a private school should have pictures of their elected official on the wall. They are a private school so they can decide for themselves. If they want to only show elected Republicans and not elected Democrats I think it's a mistake and the wrong message to send to their students about a Democracy but so be it.

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Thanks, everyone for your input.

This morning, the principal announced the pictures are staying. He noted that it is a time-honored tradition of schools to display portraits of their elected officials, and it's a tradition that this school has had for over 20 years. That tradition will remain in place. Any parents wishing to express concern over this tradition are welcome to contact the principal directly, as teachers and other staff members do not have control over this issue.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course.

5. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

Why is it that liberals can get away with calling anyone they want to idiots, brain-dead or worthless trash? Personally I take exception to this woman being called an idiot and would expect to see a much more tolerant stance from some of the left-wingers. The mantra, 'Attack the person if you don't like what they're saying' is getting quite old to me.

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I know this person personally. The phrase "idiot" fits, as does "chronic whiner", "complainer", "holier than thou" and "purveyor of an incredible entitlement mentality". Personally, I don't think this family will be at our school more than half a year. They have a history of moving schools several times a year. According to the student, they've also been in 5 churches in the last 3 years.

7. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's when you thank God for "small favors"!:tongue3: