1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should Christians Join the Military?

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Mark R, Mar 29, 2003.

1. Mark R

Mark R New Member

I asked our 5th and 6th grade class this question last Wednesday in AWANAs, "Should a Christian join the Military?" Their responses were interesting. I'll post some of them after I hear from you.

2. cwclugston

cwclugston New Member

Yes. Absolutely, if God so leads.

Bill C.

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only "advice/warning" I can remember re: the military in scripture was that given by John the Baptist when advising them to treat others fairly, & be satisfied with their wages. May be more, but don't recall off-hand!

If this were a "forbidden", or even a questionable venture, I'm sure that Jesus would have had some strong advice to dispense!

4. The Baptist Tape Maker

I believe God has a calling for each of us... and if one is called to enter into America's armed services and doesn't for him it is sin.

I've been in contact with several military recruiters (they've been ringing my phone off the hook!!). I was even blessed with the opportunity to meet with a Marine recruiter and I just told him that I was called to do something else (preach) and he was very kind about it. When I left I gave him a tract and as I was leaving I looked back and saw him reading it intently. Maybe he came to know the Lord, I'll never know. But the fact of the matter is that military men and women aren't Rambo type monster's as they have been pertrayed in movies their scared boy's and girl's fighting to protect us and witnessing terrible carnage. They need our prayer's and many need our Savior... May we never cease to offer love to our military.

Wearing an American Military uniform is an honorable thing to do and we as Christians should remind the military of our appreciation constantly.

5. Mark R

Mark R New Member

One answer in particular stunned me - who would understand better laying down your life for your friends than a christian would? The 5th, 6th grade consensus was "Yes"

6. UnashamedYouth

UnashamedYouth New Member

*decided to post without reading the responses*

They selflessly protect their country and their rights(and really their freedom of Religion) with their own lives...

if God leads then yes I think Christians should be

however I'm not sure about females in the military... but one of my best friends is in the Air Force... and she really feels that's where God wants her... so I dunno

7. Mark R

Mark R New Member

Women in the military would fall under national policy, not a general yes or no question like this. I'm opposed to women in combat, not the military per se.

8. christfollower55

christfollower55 New Member

There is a time for war and a time for peace. There will be no peace in the middle east until the anti-christ takes rule. If i was physically able i would be in Iraq right now lookin for Saddam myself. However, God hasn't permitted me this honor. I belive that it is biblical to fight for your country just look at the account of David and Goliath.

GOD BLESS AMERICA