1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Should Churches Restrict Mobile-Cell Phone Use During Services?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Shadowlands, May 11, 2017.

1. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since he video was put on cw
    Ell, its legally necessary to restrict them in theatres.

2. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Two problems. Bright screen and people behind you. The big problem is video camera out and aimed at something illegal to record.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aron said it best

4. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Good to hear.

5. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Like I said: risky endeavor.

Forget using it in church. A personal face-to-face meeting with a violator should do the
    trick, but hopefully not during a service or Bible study.

6. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that is fine as far as one's own children are concerned, but there should also be consideration of whether this is distracting the teacher and/or other students.

7. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

I have seriously reconsidered the use of cell-jammers. While the FCC rules against
    "jamemrs' are not exactly set in stone like the Ten Commandments, there is room
    for justifying it's use, but that room is very narrow indeed, i.e. protecting privacy rights
    and your children's safety. Very tricky.

Since beginning this discussion and the subsequent replies, I've decided to abandon
    the use of this equipment even though I have violated no laws directly, I wasn't really
    at peace, even though I was protecting myself. There are options to self-preservation.

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I agree. I think it is HIGHLY disrespectful of a student to be playing on their phone during classes unless the teacher allows it during certain times (like my daughter can hop on her phone and text me when she is finished with a test and she has to sit and wait for the end of the class).

9. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That would fall under the getting in trouble category.

10. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no acceptable legal way to use a jammer. A jammer ttransmits on a certain frequency range. You have to hold a license for those bands to legally transmit on them.

11. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have about 5 or 6 versions of the Bible on my smartphone as well as commentary, etc. When the pastor mentions a good book to read or an evangelist to follow I note it on my phone. We need to support the correct use of technology in the church.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. birdlover99

birdlover99 New Member

I personally think using a cellphone or other electronic device during service is very rude. I do have to say that I keep my phone on but it's on silent. The only time I have actually used it was when I had no scratch paper and needed to take notes or when my husband was at home with a sick child.
    As to children not being on tech devices, I totally agree. They shouldn't be on them, they should be able to hold still and listen to the service. I do understand that kids are kids but when I was a child we had a children's Bible with pictures that we got to look through if we were bored.
    Now my kids can't hold still in church and it doesn't help that my husband doesn't support or believe in church. If it was just me, my kids would hold still and if they didn't, I'd take them out and give them a good crack on the behind. That's what would of happened to me and I was just fine.
    Church is about listening to the word of God and becoming closer to Him. We need to put aside our outside life's for that hour or two and let God work.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ironically, our Pastor is going to bring this up at the next church business meeting.
    In the meantime, there will be mention of it prior to this Sunday's first service, and
    it will be the Pastor at the pulpit asking at first for everyone to either turn off their
    mobile-cell phones or put them on vibrate. If he has to stop in the middle of the
    message to call someone out, he will not hesitate.