1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should Congregations Run Churches

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by TexasSky, Jul 12, 2005.

1. All about Grace

All about Grace New Member

I would not omit congregational involvement at some level, but neither do I believe in or practice congregationally ruled or led government.

Democracy has invaded the church!

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One must beware the other end of the spectrum in whatever balance you find. I have observed that many of the things we dislike in the Roman church were decisions they made over a period of time to combat a situation and the end result is what we dislike.

I'd guess their heirarchy developed over long periods of minor changes.

Point? Watch were those changes you make are going to lead inf fifty years. As has been mentioned before the Bible is the standard not efficency or personl desire.

3. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Sounds to me as if these new members are resisting the word and it is making them uncomfortable, so they lash out.

They come to worship (or whatever they really do...not sure how to word that) and are conflicted with their egos. If they are not top dog, then they are not successful. What they do not realize is that the WAY to true success is not the path not taken so to speak, but the line that everyone else is in.

I recommend that they are kept in your prayers. Sometimes people are their own crown of thorns.

I am sorry this is causing grief for the congregation, but this is really their problem, one they are bringing in with them, and not one with the church. That is my two cents. I will say a prayer for you.

4. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Phillip,

I totally agree with you. Especially regarding: "I think that change is not bad if it is God-led. I do not like to hear people complain about change just because "that's the way we always did it". I also understand your concerns about my original post.

I guess I'm just starting to hit the "other extreme" on this issue. I really am concerned that people who don't really care what God wants are starting to try to take over our churches.

5. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Thank you Emerald. The prayers are really, really needed.