1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should God have compassion?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by BobRyan, Sep 5, 2005.

1. johnp.

johnp. New Member

The court jester man cool! :cool: The fool of Christ I'll be bound boyo Bob! A fools a fool regardless which side of the line he jests on.

To live in harmony with man is one thing, another is to live in harmony with scripture and Father God man, I choose the latter but I could wish for the former, I don't but I could.

Bully boy Bob does not get answers from the jester as you know fool well Bobby boy. :cool: The answers would be foolish to you anyway as you say. Anyway I will be 'a'quoting Romans nine till my dying day if that pleases the Lord.

I'm a peon yet I understand mercy to be mercy man, why don't you, give it a rest might sound like a question? Your learning is showing Bob old boy. :cool:

Anyway God should have mercy on those He will have mercy on and He will show His compassion to those He has chosen, the rest will go to Hell innocent or guilty as it pleases Him.

john.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    But God said --

[/

3. johnp.

johnp. New Member

"Should I not have compassion on Nineveh... Exactly. It is God that initiates forgiveness and any Godward movement from to those living in darkness, those chosen.

john.

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    </font>[/QUOTE]Here we see God having a talk with Jonah - God points to Jonah's rejection of God's kind intent and God argues IN FAVOR of "Showing compassion" for the REASONS HE GIVES IN THE TEXT!

Notice that NONE of those reasons HE GIVES IN THE TEXT are (I should because I can do any arbitrary little think I choose for I am very partial after all and no one can question it).

But I know there are some who "wish" they had read it that way.

In Christ,

Bob