1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should her picture come down

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Salty, Sep 28, 2007.

?
  1. YES

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. NO

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  3. Only if she wants it down

13 vote(s)
    46.4%
  4. Other

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    you didn't list my response "who cares?" :laugh:

3. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

If she has been to the restaurant multiple time as the article suggests then she should know that other celebrity photos adorn the walls. It would only be natural that hers would go up there as well. She just needs to deal with it!

4. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I would think common courtesy would dictate that if someone didn't want their picture on public display at a business, the restaurant should take it down.

5. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just one small indicater of the nature of the Clinton psyche.

And mama wants to lead our nation -- heaven help us!!

6. Gayla

Gayla New Member

The article doesn't sayanything about Chelsea wanting the picture taken down. And she is over 21, if she wants the pic removed, she can ask.

7. tjfkbrawny

tjfkbrawny New Member

It is really up to her. But is posting a picture of someone an invasion of privacy?

8. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

I think they need to take it down. They need to do everything that they can do not to offend her. If it is her wishes that it come down then they need to do so.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If I was the owner, I would blow the picture up to fit the whole wall ;)

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

When your famous, even if it's becasue of your family they can display your picture anywhere. We see this all the time with celebrity's children. If you display your life publically, you have no reasonable expectation of privacy. Why should Chelsea Clinton merit something special over others of whatever fame.

#10 donnA, Sep 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2007
  11. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

She obviously posed for the picture. It has been hanging there for 5 years. From the owner's statements, she seems to be a pretty regular customer, so she would almost certainly have know the photo was hanging there before. It is the owner's decision.

All that said, I voted "yes" to take it down. If I was the owner, that's what I'd do. And then, the next time she came in the restaurant, I would refuse her any service and force her to leave the premises. I might even hang up a sign near the "bad checks" postings that reads "We do not serve Clinton's here" or something to that effect.

I would certainly never allow them back in my restaurant after being treated like that by them.

12. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

No...

She posed for the picture, she knew it was going to be hung on the walls, it has been there for five years. It is the owner's property.

What is the big deal now?

And why did she get daddy involved? Isn't she a big girl?

I'm sure if she would have asked the owner, herself, he would have taken it down.

Overkill and more FREE Clinton publicity in an election year...

13. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I'm about as conservative as you can get, so I would say if Chelsea wants it down a gentleman owner would take it down.

14. Joe

Joe New Member

I agree with Bob. If I was the owner, I would take it down. There are more important things to squabble over.

15. donnA

donnA Active Member

more important then having the clinton's tell you what to do and you do it.

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Is there any evidence that CHELSEA wants it down or just daddy-o? If it's just Bill, then who cares? I'd ignore the letter and let him do whatever he wants. He has no right to ask for it to come down.

However, if Chelsea herself came in and asked for it to be taken down, then it should be taken down. It's pretty simple.

Someone who is NOT a party involved has no right to ask someone to do something like that. But the person themselves have a right to request it.

17. Joe

Joe New Member

Having the Clinton's tell me what to do doesn't thrill me yet I would take anyone's picture down if they requested it. Or their family requested it. Imho, it's just common courtesy to do so but that's just my opinion.
    Hey, I don't know if you got my note in the other forum but your lemon pudding receipe turned out wonderful. It was very tasty.

Hmmm...now I wonder why spellcheck spells receipe wrong. It's i before e except after c.

18. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

They way it appears, is that most peoples dislike for the Clinton's is the real reason for their answers to this question. I don't like the Clinton's at all, but as I said earlier in the thread, it is just simple coming curtesy to comply if asked. I wonder if this would have been Bush's daughter if the responses would have been just as strong? But I really don't get the responses here at all. Why not be gracious if someone asks to take down their photo being displayed in public, whatever their reason might be?

19. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I don't care WHO it is. If it's not the actual person requesting it, I'm not going to take the picture down.

20. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothing in the article or in this thread suggests Miss Clinton had any part of this affair other than being the subject of the picture. She's old enough to make a take down request on her own either over own signature or through her own lawyer. Mr. Clinton has no real standing in the matter. I think he just wants to be "Daddy" for the moment. Nothing wrong with that. He just can't expect anybody else to go along with him.

If the reported letter had read
    That is another matter altogether.