1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should I leave?

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by FundyPat, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I usually keep my peace, but IMO there seems to be only ONE troll in this thread.....

BTW, FundyPat, congratulations on your decision. My only suggestion is that if you go to a forum and ask a question, be prepared to hear answers you don't like.

#41 Jkdbuck76, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2011
  2. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

You guys really need to get a grip on your insecurities. I called him a BIBLICALLY IGNORANT male. He IS a male. Not to mention being completely Biblically ignorant about what submission is. He was rude, condescending and a true troll to Annsni. He deserved to be called out. No, I am not gender discriminate. If a female had made a similar comment I'd have called her out as well. If I stepped on your little toes I do apologize, but I honestly think your argument is petty. What would you rather I called him?

3. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

The problem is that your other remarks show that you do have some issues with males. May I quote you?

Why do you have a problem with rude men "especially"? Why can't the problem just be with rude people?

As I said, I completely agree with your calling out of FundyPat. He's a rude person. His gender shouldn't make a difference in it.

4. Jkdbuck76

Site Supporter

A thread is started and we've gone cannibalistic on each other. We're brothers and sisters! DROP IT before it gets crazy. Please.

5. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

Matt, I'll tell you why. Christian men should not be rude....EVER. If they are to be the guides by which women and children are to walk behind, if they are to be the heads of households, the elders in the church to which others look to for answers, if they're to be the ones who lead families then they have no business, whatsoever, being rude.

I do have a problem with rude people, period. However, I have a larger problem with men being rude for it is they who lead the world, lead the church, and lead the family. They should be the ones setting a proper example. Now, if after that you still have a problem, then there's nothing more I can say to you.

6. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Yes, I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I believe that men and women alike should be held to the same standard regarding rudeness. You believe that men should be held to a higher standard in regards to being rude. On that we disagree. I will mention however, that this nullifies your earlier statement of "No, I am not gender discriminate."

7. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

That's fine by me as long as you also believe that women ought to be held to a higher standard of being respectful and reverent than men.

If you want to hold men to a higher standard of compassion than women- you've got some biblical warrant for that. Men are supposed to love harder. But women are supposed to submit and be more respectful.

You just be sure that you expect more of women when it comes to being followers and supporters of men than you expect of men.

Be consistent.

#47 Luke2427, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2011
  8. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

No, Matt it doesn't. I held my children to a high standard (when they were going to school). I expected them to be at the top of their class, to be the very best and to give their very best. I did not look down on children who did not give their best, or the parents who allowed their children to slide by with C's and D's. Holding someone to a high standard is not the same as discrimination. I don't think holding someone to a higher standard is unjust or prejudicial.....but I will give you the last word.

9. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Where's the LIKE button?

10. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think it's already too late.

11. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

Luke, as a teacher of women I do emphasize they are to be respectful of their husbands, fathers and pastors. I also teach them the proper meaning of submission and what their role is in that give/take relationship. I teach them women are to be modest, follow the standards set in Proverbs 31 and Titus 2. They've got a high bar set in scripture. I also teach them women are partners, not door mats. That women are intelligent, given gifts from God, who intends them to use them to the fullest, are an important contribution to home and church, and while the husband is the head of the household, women are the backbone.

I don't know if I agree with your statement that men are supposed to "love harder". I'll have to think on that one a while.

12. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

There's nothing wrong with a good, spirited discussion. I haven't seen any mud-slinging or name calling....yet :praying:

13. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

This is complete crap. Even if one does believe in male headship, which I don't, there is no reason for women to be more respectful than men.

14. 12strings

12strings Active Member

Wow! I think I agree with jainger! (there's a first time for everything) ...well, at least I agree a little bit....

1. I DO believe in male headship in the home, and for pastoral offices in the church.

2. This does not mean that Men are meant to "love harder," or that women are to be more respectful IN GENERAL. It means that a man must love his wife self-sacrificially as Christ loved the church. A woman must respect HER HUSBAND. Being that respect means honoring him as her husband. She can disagree, and tell him she disagrees, and try to convince him to change his mind, but she is to respect him. It does not mean that Husbands don't respect their wives, or that wives don't love their husbands.

3. Women, and all church members are to respect their pastors. Again, it does not mean you always agree and let the pastor be a tyrant.

4. It does not mean that ALL WOMEN MUST SUBMIT TO ALL MEN EVERYWHERE...only to their "own husband." If a woman is a school principle in charge of some male teachers, they are to submit to her.

5. One further side note, those of us men who are on the younger side of life should consider giving more respect to those older women in our churches, and maybe even submit to their advice and desires sometimes.

15. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Get off the "man" thing here.

This is about you being rude. No matter how you attempt to spin your way out of this it was totally disrespectful, totally unecessary, and completely wrong of you to bring gender in as a slam in this discussion.

Stop turning this back to how a man should act, which I' ve not witnessed any man here treat you disrespectfully.

No, this is about your behavior, that's the issue; you.

You were out of line and need to apologize like the "...lady" portion of your name here would imply.

Imagine a man in here pulling a gender slam. That would go over real well. I've seen it happen, and it's not pretty, and the one who has done so was just as guilty as you are here and now.

16. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

You are so indignant you have passed over into hilarity. Since when did you become the dictator of my conscience? I do not feel a need to apologize, especially to you. You don't deserve my apology. Your little temper tantrum is merely amusing to me.

17. Jkdbuck76

Site Supporter

It is never too late.

Brothers and sisters fight from time to time. I fought with my older sister all the time. But at the end of the day, we're siblings and I'd do anything for her...unless it involved money, or my time, or it takes me away from living my life :smilewinkgrin:

But if somebody's intent was that we turn on ourselves, then their mission has been accomplished in this thread.
    Sorry everyone, but I'm preaching a series on forgiveness and I ain't seen it yet on this thread.

18. preacher4truth

Indignant? Temper? Tantrum? Not here. From teh one who called another an ignorant male? Certainly! :wavey:

Me wanting an apology from you? You're really confused aren't you?

Your attitude is still unfortunate.

19. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. I, on the other hand, am not forced to agree with your opinion. Thankfully.
    Oh, and he WAS an ignorant male....of course, I didn't bother to peek under his skirt. :smilewinkgrin:

20. preacher4truth

That's cool. I always forgive when the offender repents, and stand willing to do so until that time comes.

In addition, no one within this thread needs forgiven from my side, no one has offended me, thus no forgiveness is necessary.

I don't really believe the issue here on this thread is forgiveness but treating others with grace, and acknowledging ones actions and language towards another as wrong as far as being a Christian is concerned.