1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should Kelvin Sampson Be Fired??

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Feb 18, 2008.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

If the investigation exonerates Dakich, consider him. But Sampson's predecessor, Mike Davis, was an interim who was promoted. That was viewed as a mistake by many.

Crean would be a decent candidate, but not the best available. Pearl just isn't leaving Knoxville. Calipari also still will keep Tennessee plates on his car. I still think Sean Miller is a great choice. Matta's name keeps popping up, but why? Few isn't leaving Gonzaga, is he? Drew is too old, Fife is too inexperienced, and Alford has questions surrounding his ability to get it done on a consistent basis. I think Tony Bennett is a great choice as well. But I'd take a chance on Sean Miller. Bennett would be my second choice. A couple of dark horses: Kevin Stallings from Vandy (successful at a school that's third fiddle in the state and plays a style that IU could like) and Lon Kruger (Big Ten experience and has turned things around at UNLV). One final dark horse: Andy Kennedy from Ole Miss. Might be hard to get him to leave his alma mater, but he took a Cincinnati team in shambles and won 20 games after Huggy was fired right before the 2005 season. Won the SEC West last year in his first season at Oxford. Had them atop the West for most of this season. Outstanding coach.

There are good candidates out there. IU should not have to settle. They could've done better than Sampson last time, but they didn't. Will they now?

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Good point. But Dakich is a former player and assistant coach. Davis was always viewed as an outsider.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Fair point as well. I just wonder if the "fresh start/clean slate" mentality is in place among the decision makers.

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

FTR, I am not one that thinks they have to hire a guy within th IU family. I want them to get the best coach possible.