1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Should Racial Contention be Secluded?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Darrell C, May 4, 2015.

?
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Don, for what it's worth imho if you're guilty of anything it's feeding a troll.

#41 poncho, May 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015
  2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

If only I had a nickel for every time I've heard that prediction in the last 11 years.

The truth of the matter is Baptist Board especially the politics forum has never been a place for serious discussion. Well at least in the time I've been here.

At one time there might have been a chance that it could have been but the people who could have made it so were chased off long ago by the "partiers" (democrats and republicans) who act as if critical thinking is the ability to string two or more establishment talking points together to form a sentence or craft a "witty" one liner.

#42 poncho, May 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2015
  3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, this is more like you, a mini-me of your man in DC!

[​IMG]

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

See what I mean?

5. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

In other words, you want to maintain the same "right" to abuse your privileges on this forum.

The seclusion of threads that are designed with no other motive than to incite is a good idea, whether you want to admit it or not.

This has nothing to do with control, it is a matter of keeping those who have a one-track mind from pushing their agenda on others. If I review your last 10 first posts in a thread, what is the chance that by the second post...you are off topic and dragging your agenda into that thread?

If the Board can do it with the Calv/Arm issue, I see no reason to do it with threads designed to incite racial contention, which is exactly what some people capitalize on.

God bless.

6. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is exactly what I propose, a forum for the folks whose every post is tinged with racism and racial prejudice.

That would be you.

That there are others, not going to disagree, I think there may be a few who enjoy the disruption you cause.

As far as defending Obama and Sharpton, it bothers you that these people can be viewed as being in error, doesn't it?

Why?

Can you really say Obama has been a good President? Why? Because he is black? Bill Cosby would make a better President. I can thank Obama for not having Health Insurance.

I can thank Obama for bowing the knee to the Muslim Brotherhood, and encouraging radical Islamic terrorism.

And you want to proclaim the Lord has sent you here to stir up racial contention and to preach the evils of white people?

As I said before, this ministry is satanic.

In Christ there is neither Jew nor Greek, black or white. Perhaps if you read the Bible once in a while you might see that.

God bless.

7. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And if racially contentious threads were secluded, that would leave the Politics Board free to actually discuss the issues of the day.

I can see by your participation in this thread it worries you that something like that would happen, lol.

Why?

It would limit the white supremacists just as much as it would the black supremacists.

What worries you is that won't have open access to derail and disrupt every thread you enter with your agenda.

Admit it.

God bless.

8. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Show where he lied.

Are you really going to say that this...

...isn't calling people on this board racist?

Am I a racist? Because I'd like to see those with racist attitudes secluded to one place which will keep the rest of the board free from the constant disruption?

God bless.

9. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I read it and quoted you. Here it is again:

Not just racist, but white supremacists.

God bless.

10. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why does race have to come up in every thread?

Can we not talk about the performance of the President without his race being a factor? Can we not talk about his relations with terrorist sponsoring countries without races being a factor?

There are deeper issues that are real and have to do with the Good/Evil issue, not the black/white issue.

But if every thread turns into a caricature discussion where, because I think this is the worst President, the most dangerous President we have ever had, our views are dismissed because I am charged with holding these views based on racial prejudice, then that completely destroys the ability to look at the facts.

And that is what usually happens.

I am really surprised everyone is against this. I can see why Zaac would be, because he would not know how to carry on a functional conversation about the issues apart from racial bias.

But everybody?

Perhaps even more reason for Moderation to do it.

God bless.

11. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So can Moderation be excused from racially contentious threads? Would a Moderator come out and confess "I started this thread to stir up racial contention in this forum."

It is amazing that such a simple principle as racism does not belong in the hearts of those professing to be born again would be such an unpopular idea.

God bless.

12. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your denial is evident.

Here it is again:

Stop. It is evident that there is a certain demographic that isn't concerned with a serious discussion board, but rather their ability to unimpeded voice their racially prejudiced and racists political views, and shut down by attempted intimidation or group bullying, anyone who dares challenge the truth to be something other than their POV.

There are white supremacy boards for that.

It scares you to death that your agenda for racial contention might be impeded. I know it, you know it.

God bless.

13. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guys Baptist Board has always been known for being contentious. I have been on this board for a number of years and it was known across the internet long before I joined for many of the complaints we see today.

Also just because someone posts a news article about Baltimore does not mean it must necessarily be motivated out of a desire to stir up race issues. That is not the only thing involved in that scenario.

Using those posts, however, to accuse others on this board of racism is where they get derailed. All of those threads could go on without a hitch if those who do that are simply ignored.

Of late there are far less mods on the board than use to be. I can also tell you that Andrew's philosophy (owner of the board) is "just let them talk".

Maybe it is best we learn how to deal with these things ourselves without the need for a mod every time someone posts something we do not like. We have our own tools such as the ignore button or just simply ignoring these posts on our own and refusing to respond to them.

When we do respond to them it makes them feel like it is worth while to continue to post their garbage. Let it go. If someone starts a thread and you are concerned that it will go south stay away from that thread.

No one here is racist and no one here is evil. Those comments should be let go and move on.

14. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On the contrary, it is you that cannot talk about it without making it racial.

I'll guarantee there are more whites getting food stamps than blacks.

It's not a racial issue, it's an issue that involves, at it's heart, Government Control through funding, and the threat of removed funding.

Now if you want to attempt to discuss that issue without a racial element, feel free to do so, but...you won't will you.

What Church is it that you recommend?

When do you involve the Church in your agenda?

How is the Church going to meet those needs when those who profess to be of the Church...are out stirring up racial contention, rather than seeking to educate people about the Bible?

What does your Church do, Zaac? And do you feel they should require that those they help are members of your Church? Or do you think it is the Church's responsibility simply to supply anyone who asks for aid?

There is another chance to actually talk about Christians apart from a racial element. Look forward to your answer.

What reality? Do you forget that white people get governmental aid as well?

I know about poor. I know about oppression. I know about prejudice.

Better than you, I am sure.

I can relate to needing help, but I didn't hunker down and wait for it to come, I worked for what I have. And I refuse to, while I am physically capable, to rely on the Government for my provision.

When Obama enacted the so-called Affordable Health Care Act, my insurance company told me the law, his law, wouldn't let them continue my policy. My policy premium doubled.

Obama lied.

Just as you are lying about not calling people on this board racists.

Has nothing to do with black/white, it has to do with good/evil, and last time I looked, lying is still sin.

Obama can pat himself on the back for establishing a legacy, but let's hope this country can get someone in their to repeal it, so the poor can actually afford health insurance again. And I am talking about those who don't want Governmental aid.

There again is another opportunity to talk about an issue apart from a racial element. Look forward to your answer.

God bless.

15. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not sure how you can say no-one here is racist.

And creating a board for specifically racially contentious threads and discussion in no way suppresses discussion, it just frees up those discussions which seek to actually discuss things in an unbiased manner.

Members should not have to put other members on ignore because of their disruption. When a member floods the board with the same issue in every thread that is not fair to the other members, and that is what actually...

...discourages discussion.

God bless.

16. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why? Where is the offense in having to do that? What is the down side of that?

17. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here it is again:

Were you talking about another forum?

This is in response to the suggestion that those who engage in racial contention be limited in their disruptive efforts.

God bless.

18. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If a member has to put someone on ignore due to the fact that they cannot discuss an OP without someone derailing the thread into a racial argument...

...that is a downside, don't you think?

It's one thing when someone puts someone on ignore because they cannot respond to the points and questions raised, but another when it is just a matter of harassment.

The offense is the reason.

God bless.

19. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Laugh it up. Apparently you cannot see yourself in the light others do.

I guess this makes it okay for someone to start a thread called "Black Privilege" and then vilify blacks.

This kind of trash has no place in the heart of the Christian, who should instead be intent on better understanding God and man in general. Racism and prejudice are ancient evils which, when someone professing Christ engages in, shows a complete lack of understanding of Sin and how it impacts relations between people.

God bless.

20. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He did not lie. You repeatedly call him a liar when it is you denying what you said.

That's good advice. And where we understand what we are better is the Word of God.

God bless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.