1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should Saved Baptists Vote For Advocates of Baby Killing?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by rbrent, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I can't say it any more clearly. I agree with you that it's generally a sin. But even the verse you posted puts the topic in the realm of biblical interpretation. It is NOT a doctrinal issue. It's one of interpretation. I interpret it as you do, generally. That does not make it a doctrinal issue, because the Bible does not clearly state that a person is a person at the moment of conception. It implies that a person is a person after conception, and you and I both agree with the Bible on that point. You're trying to get me to add to the bible what is not clearly there. I won't do that. We're forbidden as Christians from doing that.

2. Matthew 16:24

Matthew 16:24 New Member

What, we agree on something? [​IMG]
    Well, don't you think Christians that believe Abortion is their right (okay) is in error?

I mean I could clarify that committing adultery is not sin by interpreting the Bible incorrectly. Some liberal Christians do it all the time. I came across one liberal Christian website that shocked the heck out of me.

3. Elijah

Elijah New Member

Its better to kill a child than for him to watch yu gio? Thats so far out I dont even know how to make an attempt at reason here. I am however glad to hear you think abortion is wrong. Little confused as to how you imply that it is better to kill a child than to have them exposed to certain things. Here is the difference; You can teach a child about things that they shouldnt be involved with, you cant however bring back the dead. With that kind of reasoning we would have to conclude that it would have been better that none of us were born, rather than risk making bad decisions.
    well, this started with the question of "is it wrong to vote for a candidate who supports abortion?" and turned into a debate on whether or not abortion is a sin.
    Well my friend, with all due respect for your personall opinion, I 'personally' believe that yes it is wrong to support a candidate that supports legalized infanticide. To me it would be no different than voting for Hitler in nazi germany. ( nope, not calling you a nazi.) To stay with the original question, my first post here answers very clearly where I stand.

4. vaspers

vaspers New Member

You certainly are putting words in my mouth, like typical anti-abortionist. I am against abortion, too, but to stop with that is hypocrisy. I never once even implied its okay to kill anybody, fetus to elderly. I keep saying violence of all types is wrong. Why can't you see what I write? An aborted baby goes straight to heaven. I can provide Bible texts if desired. An unaborted baby who is raised carelessly and falls into violence and the occult and other sins, could go to hell if they don't wake up and see the light. There is a real spiritual connection here between abortion and ungodly, negligent child rearing, which is sadly rampant in today's "Christian" family life. See George Barna's studies of modern Christian youth. Why do you say this is a different topic? Its the same topic: children dying, living, their life and spirituality.

5. Elijah

Elijah New Member

Not trying to put words in your mouth (why would I want to do that?), just having a bit of a problem seeing where you are really coming from. You seem fond of the word hypocricy, dont see where that applies to this debate. I also see no place to compare killing babies to bad child rearing, seems that would be a good thread though.
    Another thing, you call me an anti abortionist, which is correct, and say that your against abortion? Doesnt that make you anti abortion?

6. Elijah

Elijah New Member

Ah, Sanity, so glad to see you here! [​IMG]

7. Elijah

Elijah New Member

Originally posted by Vaspers;
    An unaborted baby who is raised carelessly and falls into violence and the occult and other sins, could go to hell if they don't wake up and see the light.

( Arent we all unaborted babies here? Doesnt every child deserve the opportunity to make the same choices as we did? )

8. vaspers

vaspers New Member

First, I apologize, Elijah, for saying "like a typical anti-abortionist"... that has bothered me all night. I do not wish to be mean-spirited, that would make me very hypocritical. But my charge is not answered. I can't understand why you keep saying that I claim abortion's not so bad. I'm not comparing abortion to poor child rearing. I'm not saying they are equal at all, but an aborted baby does not pile up tons of sins like a poorly raised child who slips into all manner of evil. All I'm trying to communicate is let's not be prideful about being against abortion, when unaborted children are allowed to have their Harry Potter, YuGiOh, violent video games, violent music, etc. by parents who fail to investigate what their children are doing, or send them to Sunday School, without going to church themselves. I am a Jr. High Sunday School teacher for quite a while now, and I see so much occult and violent interest, even total loyalty, in these kids from "Christian" families. What is up with this?

9. Elijah

Elijah New Member

No need to appologize, but thanks. You are a jr. high ss teacher? Are you yourself in jr. high or do you teach jr. high age kids?
    Glad to hear your not comparing abortion to poor child rearing, that is a relief. I serve as Pastor/youth minister at our church, and can very much relate to the fact that many (too many) parents send their children to school while never stepping foot in a church themselves. It would make the job of ministering to them much easier if they had Godly parents to go home to, but I'm so happy that they werent aborted all the same.
    And as far as being pridefull about being anti abortion? There is no pride there at all, just sadness at all the people who have been decieved into believing murder is choice, and to be against it makes you some bible belt fanatic. I'm proud to live in the so called bible belt. Maybe ,just maybe this old belt is helping to hold this country together.

10. vaspers

vaspers New Member

Keep up the good work pastor Elijah. I teach the Jr. High kids, I am not a Jr. High student, but thanks for making me feel younger. That's a rare treat. Yes the Bible belt is a true blessing, no doubt about that. We really need to pull together and fight the forces of evil.

11. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Generally, yes, I think that that someone who thinks abortion as an elective should be okay would be in error as far as Christianity goes. Again, that's my view based on interpretation. However, it's not a clear biblical doctrine. Now, getting back to the topic at hand, I don't think a Christian should choose whom they vote for based on a single issue, especially when that issue is one of biblical interpretation. OTOH, I've said many times that a person should vote his conscience. If that's what's weighing on that person's conscience, then I have no right to say they should vote otherwise. Likewise, they have no right to try to get me to vote their conscience instead of my own.

I'd disagree with anyone who said that. Adultery is clearly a sin doctrinally. "You shall not commit adultery" is abundantly clear, and is abundantly supported in the NT as well. There's no way whatsoever to interpret adultery in any other fashion.

12. Matthew 16:24

Matthew 16:24 New Member

I agree 100% about adultery but they twisted scripture around so that it would line up with their beliefs.
    The Bible does say “thou shall not kill” and it clear to me the Bible proves life begins the moment the baby is conceived but yet you still think the Bible is vague on the subject.
    I am just lost on that one because it is SO obvious.

13. Elijah

Elijah New Member

Cant say how much this applies to some of the folks on this thread, but every professing Christian that I know personally who will not take a solid stand against abortion is due to their political party affiliation. Down here in the south they like to say " I'll vote democrat if a yellow dog is running on their ticket."