1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Should the Church be involved in having marriage defined as God ordained it or not?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Mar 16, 2015.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Genesis 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

If the next Bible that you purchase changes this passage of scripture from wife to partner, then I would worry. I read KJV and my wife reads Clear Word... Checked hers... It says wife!... WHEW!... Brother Glen

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are we not to also not just teach this from the pulpit, and to have it in literature to the saved only, but also to address this issue on Tv/in court, in public debates/discussion, in legislaturers, as are we not salt for society/culture outside of just when we neet and worship and hear the bibll preached and taught?

That we should be active to getting it defined and held to be just a man and a woman, period in our culture still?