1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should the church marry these two?

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Debby in Philly, Jun 8, 2004.

1. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you want to get technical, the Holy Spirit would be the one speaking through Paul :D .

I just wanted to point out that these were the apostle's words (though completely inspired) and not a saying of Christ's ministry. Jesus could (and would) say these words just as Paul did. I just said that Paul wrote these words to segue into the reference of 1 Thess. 5:22.

2. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't believe what this has turned into! 5 pages!

Anyway, the baptism of the couple in my original post was last Sunday, and it was a beautiful thing to hear their testimony of how it was because our associate pastor visited them and brought them the truth of the gospel that they were there in the waters of baptism, and what a change the Lord has made in their lives.

I am waiting with much anticipation for the wedding on Saturday. I know it will be just as wonderful.

3. Heavenbound01

Heavenbound01 New Member

psalm, I agree with you also.they should be willing to live apart for a little while.if they got saved then no one should have to ask them, they will know that it is wrong,and do it willingly until they are married.