1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should These United States Go To War With Iran?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Sep 26, 2007.

?
  1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

I see, you have no argument against the facts so you want to change the subject. Your attempt at redirection is weak. Just because I support actions in Iraq doesn't mean I support the UN as a whole.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    But you do support the United Nations on this subject of Iraq, you Internationalist you. :)

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll concede that terrorism was only one of many reasons, and not the main reason.

I still stand by my statement that a case is being presented--using many reasons, and terrorism being one of them--to enter into conflict with Iran.

4. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Who has suggested that we enter into conflict with Iran other than news and media?

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    U.S. Senator Joseph Lieberman.

6. Orion41

Orion41 New Member

Yes, but not until the situation in Iraq stabilizes more. It's a lot better now by the way than it was before the surge. I truly hope and pray that things will change in relation with Iran before we have to face that though. That said, we absolutely CANNOT let them get a nuke.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no evidence that Iran is attempting to build a nuclear weapon.

8. kubel

kubel New Member

I agree. I am against war with Iran.

9. Orion41

Orion41 New Member

You're kidding right? A country with one of the world's largest supplies of oil needs nuclear energy for power, and you think that's believable? I found an article at Global Security .org that talks about this. It doesn't give complete proof, but given the deception shown over the last couple of years, Iran's promise to honor the nuclear non-proliferation treaty is dubious at best.

How do you feel about them sending weapons to the insurgents in Iraq (and there is proof of that)? Regardless of how you feel about the war, surely you don't think that's okay. It's prolonged the conflict immeasurably, and cost thousands of Iraqi lives, not to mention the Americans who've been killed.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) No, I am not kidding. I believed the neo-con propaganda about Iraq and we now know that it was false. I'm not buying the neon-con propaganda about Iran this time around. I, and I think most Americans, have to have irrefutable proof this time around.

Why would it be surprising that Iran wants to use nuclear power for electricity generation? Iran sells its oil to earn revenue. Also, Iran has to import gasoline. If it can't turn its oil into gasoline in sufficient amounts why do you think that it can turn its oil into sufficient amounts of electricity?

2) Again, I am not buying the neo-con propaganda about this, either. Besides, do you know how large and widespread the worldwide trade in arms - from all countries - is? I wouldn't be surprised if the insurgents in Iraq have some American arms.

#30 KenH, Sep 30, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Part of the solution is for you to sign on the dotted line for the US Army, so the government will have the manpower to launch such an invasion.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

"Next month, Freedom’s Watch will sponsor a private forum of 20 experts on radical Islam that is expected to make the case that Iran poses a direct threat to the security of the United States, according to several benefactors of the group.

Although the group declined to identify the experts, several were invited from the American Enterprise Institute, a Washington research group with close ties to the White House. Some institute scholars have advocated a more confrontational policy to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons, including keeping military action as an option.

Last week, a Freedom’s Watch newspaper advertisement called President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran “a terrorist.” The group is considering a national advertising campaign focused on Iran, a senior benefactor said, though Matt S. David, a spokesman for the group, declined to comment on those plans."

- www.nytimes.com/2007/09/30/us/politics/30watch.html?ex=1348804800&en=99584dd6163c334b&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss

13. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Clearly this does not answer my question.

14. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

War with Iran necessarily means the return of the draft. Anybody up for that unless absolutely necessary? The draft is a very hard sell unless we're in a situation like 1942.

15. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But if you listen to Tim, no one's talking about going to war with Iran.

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  17. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Other than the media who has suggested explicitly that we go to war wuith Iran?

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you really want your explicit evidence to be a nuclear bomb exploding over Tehran?

Plenty of evidence has been provided in this thread showing that there are folks in the Bush administration and those that it listens to that they are chomping at the bit to go to war with Iran.

There has even been one person who voted in this poll to go to war with Iran.

If you ignore it, that is your choice.

19. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Who in this administration said "we should go to war with Iran"?

20. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

No one as far as I know. It is my prayer we never do. We can't execute the war we are in to win.