1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should we do anything?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by SaggyWoman, Apr 28, 2005.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Should our behaviour be out of a love for God or because of obligation?

Or are they one in the same?

2. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

For a believer, can you really seperate one from another?
    We love God because He first loved us, and we obey Him because He loved us...but we also obey Him because it is the least that we can do considering the price that was paid for our salvation.

my 2 cents

3. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is possible to do things out of obligation without love. But is it possible to do things out of love without a sense of obligation?

4. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

We ought to fear God and keep His commandments.

5. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is quite possible to obey without loving, but it is impossible to love without obeying.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

1 John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

2 John 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

6. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

God ought to be the center of our pleasure. When we love Him, and are completly satasfied in Him, we can not help butobey Him.