1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured should women be ordained?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by LillyoftheValley, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, if I had any vitriol towards you, I could answer that question. But being as I have not displayed any bitterness towards you, your quesion is not answerable.

The only conversation that I have had with you is that I wondered why there was so much emotionalism necessary is explaining that one doesn't want a woman to baptize anyone.

And the reply that I received was to keep my train on my own track.

No vitriol there.

Now, two people here have suggested that you are a troll and that you and LOV are one-in-the-same person. I merely agreed and told why I thought that.

No vitriol there either.

I am quite aware of my own brilliance, but thank you for your concern nonetheless. :laugh:

2. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

blah blah blah

3. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That is dissapointing ...... really dissapointing..... you are disparraging someone.... Lilly's FIRST POST on BB was to start a new thread... I advised her against doing so... yet, I forbade it not.... what is so rare about a woman who loves, respects, follows the advise of, and reveres the teaching of her husband.......???
    This is TRULY a Damned society if this is your default view.... this is sick and sad.... We have a Biblical home....Lilly married a man who actually gave a hoot about what the Scriptures do or do not teach (I was a licsensed practising preacher BTW) before we started dating. I am, again, the pastor of my Home, your personal failure to achieve that is YOUR personal failure not mine.

#23 HeirofSalvation, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2012
  4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Yes....
    8I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

9In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

10But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

11Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

15Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Yes...men are to lead in prayer.....he is showing how we must conduct ourselves in the church of God;
    When it says "thou oughtest"...it is the same word used elsewhere for MUST...

Ye MUST be born from above
    I MUST abide at your house....

So Paul directs by the Spirit...Men leading in prayer, Men in the pulpit,prayer being made for ALL men, etc..

Woman....9In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
    11Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

#24 Iconoclast, Apr 16, 2012
  5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Interesting...have not seen you take up the challenge I offered you...re-write these paragraphs and improve upon it....
    Show your biblical acumen.....show how evil the 1689 confession of faith is!!

6. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

OH, Icon:

In case you were not aware of it: although I do like to hear your opinions about things.... this particular thread was initially designed to take the "women should be ordained pastors" heretics away from my wife...."Lilly of the Valleys" initial thread about baptism.... I think she and I both would like to hear your opinion about this......Her initial thread politely asked all "pro-woman-ordination" to NOT respond..... naturally, they did.... why wouldn't they..... Thus she created the women ordination thread to take them away from her initial thread.... We would love to hear what you think about the topic.....LOL...we are being accused of being trolls on this.....well.... if anyone actually read Lilly's initial thread....this ENTIRE THREAD was designed to chase away the trolls who were co-opting the question we/she had.....anyway... if you have anything to add to the "should women baptize other women" post I do invite you to please respond.

7. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

NO, you are simply wrong... just simply wrong.... what is so hard to imagine about a man and a wife who both think similarly about many things???? your personal failure to have a biblically prescribed home is again your failure... you are simply so wrong.... this is sick.......sick and sad....

#27 HeirofSalvation, Apr 16, 2012
  8. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Ordained for what? What about a woman chaplain who works in a women's prison? Should she receive prayer and recognition from the church for her calling to her full-time ministry vocation? Sure, why not?

What about a children's minister? Should a male children's minister receive more acknowledgment, prayer, and tax benefits than a woman called to do the same ministry? I think not.

Is ordination really a biblical concept meant only for males in ministry? If so, where does scripture ever say that? Isn't ordination simply the church's acknowledgment of one's calling, giftedness and commitment to pray and support them in that ministry? Why would we do that for every gender?

It appears the issue of headship is a completely different question, yet some seem to equate the two.

9. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Point taken...I did not intend to derail the thread...but I took ST's post as a desperate cry for help...so I offered him some of the confession he secretly loves to help him.....sorry to derial this effort:thumbs::wavey: carry on..i must needs drive now..lol

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Women can be ordained to the ministry but not to be in a role that the Bible prohibits. Actually, when my husband was ordained, we BOTH were brought before the church with the elders practicing the laying on of hands and prayer for the ordination. Here is the photograph"

[​IMG]

11. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

You derailed nothing... this was a thread designed specifically to get the liberal heretics to bite away from my wife's legit thread... (about women baptizing)... when you get a chance...would love to see if you have any input on this one... it ain't an easy one...Seriously, I am never easy on you, but I would like to hear wha' cha' gots ter say 'bout somefin' we doan' claim to ha' all figgered out!!!!! Be safe.... and watch out fer de motorcycles....like mine:thumbs:

12. seekingthetruth

Come on Icon

I am not cryiing for help, I am questioning your faith in the words of men instead of the words of God.

Get over yourself

if I was needing help you would be the last person I would seek it from

John

13. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I think everyone is taking my post to mean women are taking advantage of a lack of qualified men. I meant it to show the lack of good Godly men today in our churches and out of necessity women are forced to take roles that men should be filling. Some of the Baptist churches I've been at had women teaching because there were no men who would step up. Are teaching positions to go unfilled if no man will teach? Just asking!

14. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

I agree with you, I think Iconoclast gave the reason why, even though he was not answering your post.

15. seekingthetruth

No, that's all I can say

John

16. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

Your point is well taken, absolutely correct,:thumbs: I see for instance the story of Deborah and Barack... God called the man...he wussed out....Debbie however had the "intestinal fortitude" to get the job done....so God used, and subsequently magnified her in the eyes of all of us for generations......And it took Jael to put the spike in Sisera's head!!!

17. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

And since you consider me a heretic, this is the only reply by me that you'll get in this dishonest thread.

18. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    John....

We will meet sometime in person.I will bring my bible with me.I do not think you will be disappointed and will see that I have some knowledge of the word of God.
    John.....I believe you have not thought this through enough.Let me say it this way......Are you saying that if a godly man has studied the word and taught others for years,comes to your church and teaches a seminar......you would not delight to hear the word of God opened up????:confused:

If godly men get together and write a confession of faith...they write it down for us...as a guide and help.....to understand scripture.....you do not delight in that???? they are all about God and His word:wavey:

I will post the link for the 1689 confession of faith.....notice the first section is about SCRIPTURE.....tell me what you think these men did not get right?
    If you do not want my help, that is okay....there are many better qualified persons than me to help.I do not go anywhere where someone does not like the word being opened.:thumbs:

19. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    HOS,
    Overall as I responded to crabtown.....I believe we are given sufficient instuction on how the church should function 1Tim 3:14-15

God has always given His people instruction
    The same holds true in the Nt....Male headship, male leadership....
    baptism is an ordinance of the Church....it is not up to us to just do what ever we feel like.....

I do not buy into this obsession to modify all the services,and how things are carried out. preaching as ordained by God still stands...

20. seekingthetruth

I do listen to godly men, but my theology does not revolve around them.

Are you sure you arent Catholic?

You sure do appear to be.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.