1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured should women be ordained?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by LillyoftheValley, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am an ex Rc...but we used a ST.Josephs missal when I was little.....they were trying to teach some cathechism but I did not listen or understand, not being a christian yet. The RC catechism is mostly unscriptural.I use good scriptural ones. You have very little theology, that you did not learn from men.

2. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

You are not "ex RC"

You are still consumed by it.

John

3. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    haha...you should tell that to some of the priests I have spoken with:laugh:

No fan of rome !

4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, a [snip - inflammatory]

#44 kyredneck, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
  5. seekingthetruth

Ok I believe you

So why not just let it go?

if you are no fan of Rome, then why do you reek of it?

John

6. seekingthetruth

Even your avatar makes you look like a preist.? priest?

John

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Huh? It is an actual photograph of Iconoclast. I've met him -wonderful man, very well versed in the scriptures. He's FAR from being Catholic and trust me, live on Long Island and you know Catholic! Utilizing confessions is not evil and they are a useful tool to understand systematic theology. Children used to memorize creeds in churches to remember summaries of doctrine and even my children learned of the Westminster Horter Catechism in their homeschool curriculum! Trust me, they are Biblical - not evil.

8. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

I'm still waiting for an answer to this question. Ordained to what?

(Moderator hat on: guys please stop the personal attacks on each other and just discuss the topic. Take personal arguments to the PMs please)

9. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

The only way a woman could ever be ordained is by changing God's word since it clearly states that a pastor or deacon is to be the husband of one wife. It says nothing about being the wife of one husband.

10. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes a man should have only one wife. The instruction is for men.

Phoebe, a woman, was a deacon ... and of course she did not have a wife. God's word says she was a deacon. Paul uses the word, diakonos, 34 times in the NT and only in one case, Phoebe, is the word translated as servant by some, but not all translators.

11. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    John,

I am a believer priest;
    RC priests do not use and trust scripture....I do. I do not drop it,because I will use any means that enables us to grow in grace and knowledge. The Cathechism I carry with me is most excellent,loaded with scriptures and full of teaching about Jesus..Why would I not use it along with my regular bible reading.
    You have never seen a good one....that is why you protest.

12. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    John, you should see his avatar on the puritan board. I wouldn't accuse icon of being a Romanist but you are correct in that he doesn't put the Scriptures above the man made stuff. And yes, I don't read any post from anyone that is long or has extensive quotes; most of this stuff doesn't need to be re-hashed and I find cut and past to be annoying. I have also had a similar offer from icon, to meet up and thus be set on the straight and narrow courtesy of his expert Biblical handling skills.

But having said this I firmly believe he means well in a preterist sort of way. That is where I think he can't let go of Rome.

13. seekingthetruth

Yes, I am sure he means well, and has good intentions.

But I dont think he has any idea how condescending and abrasive his approach is.

John

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Can you show me an example? Because I've never seen this with Icono. Again, I've met the man and have communicated with him over an issue that I was having at church and he had GREAT, biblical advice without using "man-made stuff" at all - just Scriputre.

15. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

The guy posts way more scripture than anyone else on here, so scripture is condescending and abrasive?????

16. seekingthetruth

hey Ann, I called you today but you werent in so i left a message on Bob's voice mail.

i did talk to Mark for about 30 minutes just to let him know that i was doing well.

i will try again on Friday

John

17. seekingthetruth

There is a difference between quoting scripture and throwing it at people.

And, he quotes way more creeds and confessions than he does scripture.

When a person uses scripture to demean others in an attempt to show how much more spiritual he is than the rest of us, then yes, it is condescending and abrasive.

Even scripture can be misused.

John

18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'll be at church on Friday if you want to call me there. :)

19. seekingthetruth

I will

john

20. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

Okay, you gave me a chuckle here, I'm sure Brother Iconoclast goes down the Interstate in his big truck with his priestly beard, passing by little yugos and throws bibles out at them. :tongue3:

Okay, so the guys that wrote those things just got together one afternoon and pulled their beliefs out of thin air? Though more vauge, is the Baptist Faith and Message essentially not the same thing? What is it based on?

Your entitled to your opinion, but I personally don't think the guy is being demeaning. My personal goal is "grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior" (sorry I posted scripture), that means both knowing scripture and applying it. You see, I don't want to be a "regular Christian". I want to live a life "worthy of the calling" (sorry I posted scripture again). And I want to "rightly divide the word of truth, so that I won't be ashamed" (darn it, there I go again with that scripture - sorry). Anyways, to each his own, carry on. :thumbs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.