1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured should women be ordained?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by LillyoftheValley, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

So, you just had to jump on the bandwagon and be condescending also?

I hope it made you feel good about yourself

john

2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More likely they are those 'Dr. Downing's Baptist Catechisms' :laugh:

3. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

Brother, I can tell I'm in a whole lot better mood than you are, thanks for the chuckles. :thumbsup:

4. seekingthetruth

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

5. seekingthetruth

I am on disability for a mental disorder that I was born with.

Please don't joke around about my "moods"

John

6. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thomas...be careful...I will remind you that talebearing is a sin...The confessions you and Jerome ridicule put scripture first.

That you do not read...long posts....or quotes...explains alot:thumbsup:

Did I say that? or did I offer to meet and fellowship??? I would welcome any biblical correction that comes my way...do you?

7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Have you gotten a hold of your own copy yet Jerome???or are you still working on the 1689 confession of faith?

8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    John, I am sorry if you feel my responses are abrasive and condescending.Perhaps you find them that way,because you are attacking what all the cals believe....so when we answer...there might be a rough edge to it:wavey: If you have sincere questions.....I think you have asked some ...you will get a scriptural answer. You have gotten answers from scripture. You might not like the answers...but they were offered to you.:1_grouphug:

9. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

If she is qualified, yes...absolutely.

10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hello Brother,

Sometimes when scripture itself is presented to some people...if they have not seen it presented to address a position they hold as truth, they have a choice to make
    1] consider the scripture and how it relates to the topic with a view to grow

2] agree with the scripture offered,and modify our belief

3] disagree,and offer why the verse does not seem to fit

4]fail to understand the scripture offered

5] see that the scripture does make sense, but try to resist it anyway, because they would have to modify their defective idea

6] resist all scriptures, and ridicule the person who offered the verses, claim they are arrogant, condescending,rude......this way you do not have to answer any of the verses...so you shift the attention to a person, rather than the scripture

7] claim all "man made " teaching...has no scriptural basis...as if the teachers did not read and post scripture

8] make believe you do not do exactly the same thing, just pick those who only agree with you
    9] lie and say you only follow the bible only

11. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    While you have a challenge in dealing with your disorder...{we all have some form of challenge]...at least your's allows you to think at a high level if you stay closer to mid-line...you can be thankful even in your trial that God allows you to know about His care for you. Many cannot think at such a level.
    Take comfort that God knows your frame...when challenged Psalm 139 is the clearest expression of God searching our hearts from the inside out.

12. seekingthetruth

Thank you very much for the encouragement. Not many people have an understanding of mental disorders, but it appears that you do.

john

13. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Huh?
    Perhaps you need to remind yourself?

14. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excuse me while I yawn

15. thomas15

Faith:
    Baptist
    No talebearing...Anyone can see your mug on the PB for themselves. It's either an extended brainpan or an oversized ego. You tell me.

16. thomas15

Faith:
    Baptist
    Go to the PB forum, look under covenant theology for a post titled Israel is church 1st nation 2nd post #3

Most likely it's a cut and paste job.

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So you are bringing arguments from another board to here? That's bad form, IMO.

18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If it's most likely a cut and paste job, grab some of it and put it in Google. I took one sentence and there was one return - that thread. So you are accusing him of a cut and paste but have no proof?

19. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL Reminds me of this 'just Scriputre' gem on the Association of Reformed Baptist Churches of America [ARBCA] website:

http://www.arbca.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=71&Itemid=65

This is from their Bible study, oops strike that, their 'Confession study' on Revelatory Gifts in the Present Day:

20. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thomas...on the PB....the discussions remain scriptural....there was no cut and paste, except for scripture references...we can recreate the discussion here..or in person...with just open bibles if you like...it will help you leave some of those false ideas you embrace

and Thomas...it seems as if you highlighted the wrong portion from arbca;
    Quote:
    As a confessional body, the purpose of this position paper is to identify and clarify the statements contained in the 1689 London Baptist Confession dealing with the stated issues, to answer questions concerning what positions we affirm and deny from a confessional basis, and to preserve the unity of the churches in a controversial day. It is always understood that Scripture must be the final authority over the conscience on this issue. However, the member churches of ARBCA have already confessed that the LBC is a faithful summary of what Scripture teaches and that subscription to it is the basis for our unity as an association of churches. Detailed issues of exegesis can be addressed in messages delivered at our convention or in suggested reading. This is why this position paper deals more with the exposition and application of the LBC to this issue rather than a lengthy exegesis of Scripture.

this material I have taught in SS in times past....if you or Jerome would like to dispute or discuss this we can....Like I say talebearing is sinful...i wrote this response,and can expand on it if you like...i have dozens of handmade overhead transparencies that i made for class if you would like to look them over....we can start a new thread on it...i will answer you...no cut and paste.

As far as cut and paste....it works very well to cut and paste works of godly persons who have a superior grasp of scripture.Why do you despise godly teachers???

#80 Iconoclast, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.