1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Showing love

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by SaggyWoman, Jan 1, 2010.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

What do you do, as a person who has come to know the love of the Lord and how it has changed your life, for others that they may know the same?

2. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I see the biggest change in me is that I have a great desire to read and study His word. I also strive for a righteous life in gratitude for His grace and mercy upon me. The things (sin) I once loved doing, I now hate. I'll admit I still struggle with loving the lost. It's not that I don't have compassion on them for their spiritual blindness, it's just that I don't have that desire to share with them all the time. Sometimes I feel compelled to share with unbelievers, but for the most part I just let them go by. This I can't understand?

3. CF1

CF1 New Member

These types of people come to our churches every Sunday wondering if they will find love or rejection.

I try to talk with them and encourage them to get engaged at the next level in a group that meets after the sermon on sunday morning. If they are already plugged in there I try to encourage them to join a home team Bible Study.

I have the music video titled "Does anybody hear her". It's worth buying and watching before every saturday night as you prepare to go to church the next morning.

Here is a low resolution sample on youtube
    Does anybody hear her?

When they join our home team Bible studay we try to engage them in a relationship at the level they are at. Each person is different. They first want to watch others interact. If they see genuine-ness they come back. If it's a fake or facade, they are not looking for that. They can rather go to the local bar and at least find genuine people with problems that admit them. Everybody needs to see people as real so they can learn of God's deep love on the cross for all of us. I seem to have had a generous amount of problems in my life and past that I can share from. It's not easy to share them or remember them. As people see me growing they sometimes are ready to grow too.

I also like the song "How Deep the Father's Love for us". I once downloaded several versions from several singers so I could make a CD for a struggling friend. I like the version from Stuart Townsend (who wrote the song) and Kathy Tricoli

I have many other songs including old hymns that remind me of the deep love of the Lord. I find myself remembering these songs as I interact with people.

Here is the song I mentioned above on Amazon.com
    How Deep The Father's Love For Us MP3 Downloads for 99cents

I have often been inspired by Corrie Ten Boom's DVD "The Hiding Place" whenever I think I am not able to share in a real way. Whatever I've been through has been miniscule compared to what she experienced.

The Hiding Place DVD

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Usually it just involves not treating jerks in the same jerky way they treated me. I've noticed that the more you do this to someone, the jerkier they get. It drives them nuts. And that in itself is kinda funny...and I mean that in a loving way? I gotta go...