1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SIGH - I think we set a record tonight at our annual budget meeting

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by annsni, Mar 24, 2008.

1. JerryL

JerryL New Member

That's pretty much how our Church is. I guess our yearly budget metting runs longer because of the reading of the budget. We are also very transparent. I run my home group budget as well as the other leaders. The elders approve or diapprove everything with the Pastor, that way there isn't petty arguements over different budgets.

#21 JerryL, Mar 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2008
  2. rbell

rbell Active Member

Sounds like you guys have a system that works well. Nicely done.

Oh, one other thing: Here is how our budget is done: (it's based on a calendar year)...

September: Finance team meets, reviews current budget, meets w/pastor, then staff regarding next year's "big plans."
    October: All ministry heads turn in budget requests. They are "guided" by the pastor...in other words, one year could see a "hey, things are tight; be conservative with your requests," other years, not so much.
    End of October: Budget is crafted.
    First of November: The finance committee is at church all afternoon to take appointments from members to individually answer questions. Most folks come at that point.
    November, 2nd Wednesday: Budget meeting is held in November Business Meeting. The budget is explained in detail. Discussion is allowed.
    December, 1st Wednesday: Budget is voted upon. No discussion allowed at this point; it is an up-or-down vote.

it works for us....