1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

*sigh* One option ballots

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Gina B, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I should have ran!
    A lot of our county elections only had ONE option. I tried NOT voting for the vile corrupt ones, but of course not voting for them made no difference...
    Gina

2. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Perhaps you should have. Seriously. It really does stink when the only option is a corrupt one.

Is your church influential in your county? Do you know the reporter(s) who covers your local politics? Perhaps now would be the time to start organizing for the next election.

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I'm out of this state at the end of the month so won't bother.
    Most churches/pastoral leadership in my area are "blind republicans", including mine unfortunately enough.
    I did seriously consider getting into office here and according to my 3 phase goal plan from 6 years ago I should be mayor now. [​IMG] Made it through phase one. Illness and divorce (and other fine things) got in the way and I still haven't gotten all the way back up on my feet emotionally/financially yet.
    I did meet a lot a lot of people and realized quickly that people on average are easily convinced by smooth words. Kinda sad. Most people don't take the time to truly understand what's going on in their city. That kind of stuff is boring. Maybe one day I'll write a book on it that's interesting and catchy and informative all at the same time so people have some basic understanding of how it all works so they will be more interested and make more informed decisions.
    Dreams dreams dreams....
    Gina

4. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Illness and divorce? Yes, I can see how those could get in the way of plans.

Nowadays many people spread the word through blogs. That might be better than a book for reaching your audience. You have a good voice, so to speak.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gina, There is ALWAYS a choice! You have the option of a write in! Last year, I wrote in names for three different offices, including my own name for county legistature.
    This year, I took a bold step and ran for office myself!

6. Daisy

Daisy New Member

How did you fare?