1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sign Depicting Life-Size Obama Wearing a Turban Draws Criticism

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Enoch, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Enoch

Enoch New Member

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/23/sign-depicting-life-sie-obama-draws-criticism/

Why is it when Republicans or anyone other than a Democrat exercises their freedom of speech there is an outcry?

I have seen the most despicable displays of President Bush done by these same crying people, give me a break...

I tried to post the picture but...

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Suppose I put a life-size sign of Gov. Palin wearing a prison uniform in my yard. Oh, but we probably won't know anything more about that until after the election. I guess it depends on how her sworn testimony goes tomorrow. But it would be a timely sign.

3. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Is there a picture of her wearing a prison uniform? Why was she wearing it? I know Obama really wore his outfit. Thanks!

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

Has Palin ever been in prison, been convicted of a felony in order that she would have actually worn a prison uniform? If not, no comparision, and off topic. Also if not, then you dipciting her that way would be alie on your part. See there are real pictures of obama wearing a real turbin, a real muslim headset. thus identifying himself as muslim.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Libs have a problem making legitimate comparisons.

6. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

You could put up a life-sized photo of John McCain in his POW clothes and that would be a legitimate picture. However, I don't believe Sarah Palin has ever been in prison or actually worn a prison jumpsuit. So your comment is not legitimate.

7. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

This is certainly not a Christian site.

8. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Because of this thread, I finally realized what Rev Mitchell's avatar is! I have been staring at it for the past few days, totally confused. I am not kidding. I did not recognize who it was.

Now I know! A little slow, but I got there! :laugh:

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I think it says more about the person who put the picture up than it says about Obama. I'm sure Obama can laugh at that picture all the way to the white house if he gets elected.

Stuff like that is what's pushing people away from the Republican party. Basically, the ultra conservatives are saying to the rest of America if you're not like me then you're not American. Well, that just isn't true and there are alot of American's tired of hearing this.

There are Muslim American's that are probably asking what's wrong with the picture. I'm on their side...

I'm proud of this election because I see true American taking their country back by showing how the days of labels will no longer be tolerated. It looks like every time someone calls Obama a Muslim or Terrorist his numbers go up in the polls. The party itself has distanced themselves from the Republican who said congress should be checked to see if their American.

And still some on the right just don't get it, America is a picture of a diverse group from every race and religion standing in unity. Until those label pushers on the right understand what being American really is they will continue to be the outcast from this election forward.

10. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

ha! This would be the right thread to do it on!

As usual - the comments after the article are quite interesting themselves.

11. Bob Dudley

Bob Dudley New Member

And THAT is what is wrong with America. Our founding fathers set this country up based on the assumption that its leaders would be born again believers indewlt with the Holy Spirit. They understood that a democracy could not stand without the guidance of The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of Peter and Paul.

ANY government leader that has not been washed in the blood of our Savior, Jesus Christ, can not and should not be allowed a place of authority in this country. That is the way this country was founded. Until we "get rid of the high places" we will not see all the blessings that are possible.

Is this intollerant? No more so than "I am the way, the truth and the life. No man comes to the Father but by me."

We should not kick out people of other faiths. By living in America they might get saved. But we should never allow them a place of leadership.

12. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How would you feel if someone put up a life size sign showing McCain in a Vietnamese prison outfit signing a confession of being a war criminal?

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You never know. It could be a self-portrait.

14. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The only criticism I read in the article appears to be coming from a McCain spokesperson.

I agree with Lebuick. It is a testament to how America is moving on from its racist and ugly past that a man who looks like Obama and has his name and has worn those clothes can be elected president. You should be proud of your country.

#14 Gold Dragon, Oct 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2008
  15. targus

targus New Member

It isn't just the stock market that's setting new lows. :(

16. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

AMEN!... And I like Michelle Obama am indeed proud of my country... :thumbs: :applause: :applause:

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

For the first time?:confused:

18. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Ones view depends on where they stand. As a black person growing up on the south side of Chicago in the 60's when blacks rode on the back of the bus and couldn't sit at a lunch counter this may be her first time. Sometimes you have to stand in another's shoes to see what they see and you have to live in another's "skin" to understand how they feel.

Keep this in mind, the Supreme court ruled the same freedom of speech that allows one to fly the flag in front of their house allows another to burn that same flag. They are both American's exercising their rights of freedom and expressing their pride in America in different ways. If they didn't have pride in America, they would just leave and not bother to protest in an attempt to "fix" that which they love.

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Baloney. There has been an ideology that has pervaded our country called victim hood. The Obama's are a big part of that. It isn't about individual skins. it is about liberal communist fallacies that are fed from those who are to lazy to do for themselves. So they want to unconstitutionally collect taxes from everyone to provide for those who are unwilling to make the sacrifices to do what is necessary to provide for themsleves.

I have news for all you libs. There are not enough taxes out there to fix all these probelms. Because they are not a money problem they are problems arising out of wrong "this country owes me" attitudes.

Tax payers just do not have any more money to give. And Obama is telling a bold faced lie when he says the middle class will not be effected by rising taxes. You cannot collect enough taxes to solve any of these problems.

20. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Sorry, but Michelle Obama and I are just about the same age. As such she never would have personally experienced the racial segregation that you are talking about above. She has been educated in the best of American schools, has held very high paying jobs, and now lives the "jet set" life. So sorry I don't buy the line you are pushing here.

The problem with your line of thinking here is that you are assuming that the flag burner is doing so because he simply wants to "fix" the America he loves. You negelect to acknowledge that some flag burners do so as a sign that they want to completely destory America for whatever reasons.

#20 Bible-boy, Oct 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2008