1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sign of the times...

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by James_Newman, Jun 2, 2006.

1. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

As long as I can recall, we here in the DFW area have looked forward to a day, a day when the Mavericks would win an NBA championship and then the trumps would sound and you know the rest. How can anyone doubt we are living in the last days?
    :praise:

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

If the Cubs win the world series you might be on to something...

3. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

There might be some merit to this last days thing. Just look at what's happened in sports since the turn of the century.

In 2004, the New York Yankees have a 3-0 series lead over the Boston Red Sox and the Yankees, in the biggest choke job in sports history, lose the ALCS.

Also in 04, the Boston Red Sox won the World Series. I don't know about you, but I woke up the next day pretty sure the trumpet of the Lord would sound.

The Chicago White Sox won the World Series.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers won the Super Bowl. Next to the Clippers, they were the model of ineptitude.

The Seattle Seahawks go to the Super Bowl.

The New England Patriots came out of nowhere to win the Super Bowl. They got the huge break in the Tuck Game, were like 20 point underdogs in the Super Bowl and beat the Greatest Show on Turf.

Oh, and don't forget the California Angels winning the World Series.

It's like all the bad sports karma from the 20th century has been reversed once the 21st century started. Well, except in the case of the Cubs. :)

But, if the Red Sox and Buccaneers can win championships, then anything can happen.

4. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Like the Tigers and Lions winning championships.:thumbsup: Well... perhaps the Tigers can, but the Lions... that is a differnt story altogether.:tear:

5. Convicted by the Spirit

Sadly the Patriots, Bucs, Angels and Seahawks all changed the look to their jerseys and ended up winning the championship very soon after. Not saying they won because they dressed horribly, but if you dress like a chump then you sometimes play like a chump. Maybe the cubs should change jersey's and rename the team the Blue Sox.

I just can't let this pass ... I don't think i have enjoyed anything ever more than watching the yankees blow a 3 game lead to the Redsox. The best part of it being to the hated rival. LOVED IT! LOVED IT!

6. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I'm not a member of RedSox Nation, but I totally agree. :thumbs:

7. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Well, it appears we may have dodged a bullet this time. But consider this a warning, we need to get ready.

8. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And let's not forget another "miracle"....if the USA were to actually field a COMPETITIVE mens' soccer team. Don't think it'll happen anytime soon...USA men liketa play sports that involve the use of the hands too much. Our best male athletes generally aren't interested in soccer

9. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

All we have to do is wait untill this North American Union is finalized, then the Mexicans can come and legally play soccer for higher wages in the US. ;)