1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Signs, Wonders, Visions, Tongues etc...

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Kiffin, Feb 25, 2002.

1. JAMES2

JAMES2 New Member

LP:
    Excellent job of building up a straw man and huffing, and puffing and blowing it down.
    If you want to call the whole bible, from beginning to end, HOGWASH, that is your choice.
    The Doctrine of Election is one of THE most important doctrines in the entire bible.
    Who said anything about the ELECT not being from every tribe, tongue, nation, or wherever?

I stated an absolute fact!!! If God wants to have some of HIS Elect be from some tribe somewhere, that person WILL come to Christ, one way or another. I guess you find the concept of a Soveregin God being able to accomplish His purpose hard to believe. Don't worry though. Every single one of the ELECT, without exception, will be REGENERATED, Justified by Faith, and be glorified. I don't call that hogwash. I call that the wonderful mercy of a Sovereign God, not depending on what man does, but KNOWING who are HIS because He, like it or not, DECREED who will be HIS, and that before the foundation of the world.

FROM CHAPTER 3 of the 1689 Baptist Confession:

. God hath decreed in Himself, from all eternity, by the most wise and holy counsel of His own will, freely and unchangeably, all things, whatsoever come to pass;(1) yet so as thereby is God neither the author of sin nor hath fellowship with any therein;(2) nor is violence offered to the will of the creature, nor yet is the liberty or contingency of second causes taken away, but rather established;(3) in which appears His wisdom in disposing all things, and power and faithfulness in accomplishing His decree.(4)

ALL IS GRACE!!!

[ March 02, 2002, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: JAMES2 ]

2. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

Hi Folks:

This thread has gone on for 6 pages, and true to form, any thread over 4 or 5 pages veers off to something else.

Get in your last comments, and I'll shut this pony down around 10 pm.