1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sin and racism ... one in the same?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jul 15, 2016.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In 1 John 1:5-10, we are told, "This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and tthe truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. we make him a liar, and his word is not in us." (ESV)

Obama said something in his message while at the Dallas memorial for the five slain cops, and it made sense. He said that within al of us is racism, if we'd not be afraid to admit it!

I agree. Within my heart, there remains a form of racism, homophobia, lust, jealousy, anger, forgiveness, and a bunch of other sins against the flesh! Still, as matter of fact as these are, because I am no longer a sinner, but rather a child of God, justified by His blood and the work He did on the cross, I am daily being made more like Jesus and less like the fleshly soul and heart from which I came, and that means racism, homophobia, lust, anger, jealousy, etc., no longer rule over me or my witness of love towards others. Thus, I can agree with Mr. Obama's accusation that within all of us is racism, because the truth is, I came from a sinful background, but what he doesn't understand about born-again believers is that because of the work of the cross, I have been saved. And because of my salvation, I am now being transformed, or sanctified, which is to say that while there may still be inklings of racism, which is actually an by-product of sin; I am constantly being transformed, or changed, from within and out; and those things no longer have hold of me, nor do they control me. And should I fall back to thoughts of racism; I am quick to seek forgiveness and get back on the narrow path that I walk on daily as I move ever so close to the narrow gate and eternity with Him.

So, if you want to call me a homophobe, racist or zenophobe, or even pervert, that is up to you. And while I can't deny that those things were once who I was, those things are no longer who I am. Because, by the Grace of God above, I am now under reconstruction within by the supernatural power of the Holy Ghost, who is rearranging my body, soul and heart!

To the world, I am far from perfect; but what the world may not always realize is that while I am not perfect, I AM FORGIVEN! I certainly don't need a president laying a guilt trip on my back! I am a racist because I am a sinner, but am not a sinner because I may slip from time to time and have racist thoughts like thoughts!

I wondered if you may feel similar to what I have painted above? I do appreciate him however, as he got me to ponder the thought and see that the two, while related, do not mean this country is a bad one!

#1 righteousdude2, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  2. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

Obama never makes sense.

3. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You bet racism is a sin, having a front row seat to observe it growing up in Mississippi. There is no excuse for it. It violates the Second Great Commandment, and disrespects Gods Creation. And all those pastors of the Christian churches in the South, the ones who should have been speaking out against it, kept silent because that would have shaken up their all white congregations. The church failed to address the issue (sin), so the government did. Smooth move. How many of those pastors are in heaven today? It is a question worth pondering.

4. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

If racism is a sin, Obama and BLM are going to Hell.

Christians did address racial oppression. That's why Christian nations led the world in moving toward freedom and equality of all races. It was from the Christian fabric of America that slavery was ended and that let to the Civil Rights movement.

It's why churches today trip all over themselves denouncing "racism" as sin, even though the word "racism" has become meaningless.

Evil people exploiting Christian tolerance and compassion set the stage for reverse racism and same-sex marriage. Try to find those things in countries without a history of Christianity.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jeremy Seth

Jeremy Seth Member

Racism is a communist insult used by progressives to dismiss their opponents. In its direct meaning, racism is a belief in a hierarchy of the races. The term today would be better replaced with the phrase "racial prejudice", if that's the allegation.
    "Racial discrimination" also ought to be altered, as viewing races as distinct is consistent with scripture.

• Winner Winner x 1