1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sin and Salvation

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Lacy Evans, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Are you the son and God is the Dad in this case?

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes Bob, we are all his children, and He is our "Dad."

Romans 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Thanks DHK;
    I was suggesting in the case that was quoted, where he spent more time sinning than worshipping.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

#43 Brother Bob, Feb 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2007
  4. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

I'd snatch him bald-headed. Then he would be my bald-headed son! That's if he wasn't my dead son. (If I didn't beat his Mama to him, because she don't play.) Be ye not decieved, a man shall reap whatsoever he soweth. Ouch!
    Lacy

#44 Lacy Evans, Feb 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2007
  5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

6. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

My son has a free will. If I didn't stop him, I'd sure reckon with him when I came home.

Lacy

Matthew 25:19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.

Matthew 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

So, is it possible that maybe God might stop you from committing a vile sin and maybe even taking your life if that were the only way? Isn't God a good father? If you would stop your son from doing something horrible, why wouldn't God stop His children from doing something vile and evil? We were bought with a price. We are His and He has the right and the authority to stop us from destroying ourselves.

8. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

What is silly is to assume that God never tells a Believer how to get saved from a whipping (or dying in a storm). That every time you see "saved" it is talking about eternal salvation.

lacy

9. PASTOR MHG

PASTOR MHG New Member

I guess you missed the point again Bro. Bob.

He "could" do these things. That does not mean he "will" do these things.

With proper training and rearing him up to live honorably before men, we pray that he would make the right decision "not to do these things."

However, he still "could" do them...that is he has the capability to do them.

And to answer your question... I was refering to my own relationship with my son. However, it is certainly acceptable to use that relationship as a parallel to my relationship with my heavenly Father.

Max

10. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

Nobody here ever has said that God never stops us from sinning. I have seen his hand move that way in my life millions of times. But he is not bound to. It is an act of mercy when he does. I didn't deserve it.

When I do sin, does that mean God is less of a Father for not stopping me? No! Praise God for one more hour to repent.

But if I don't ,he will reckon with me.

Or is he bound to only "stop" me from committing certain sins. Does God have a list that he has to stop and another list that he doesn't?

Praise God he has stopped me from lusting or telling a lie too!

lacy

11. His Blood Spoke My Name

No need to stop that which He has already removed from you and cast into the depths of the sea. If He hasn't removed any of yer sins at all, ya better go have a talk with Him because He promised in His Word He would.

12. PASTOR MHG

PASTOR MHG New Member

Yes Amy, it is "possible that maybe God might stop" me from committing a "vile" (your term) sin. But it is also possible that God might let me commit such a sin and then whip my backside to teach me a lesson. A lesson that his way is right and my way leads to destruction. "The way of transgressors is hard."

Max

p.s. Yes, by the way, my son would be regretting every thought that lead to the decision to strike his mother.:thumbs: Whether he Actually got to strike her or not!

13. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

If that was remotely true then I wouldn't of said it was silly to compare the two.

14. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I don't think you could have a better parent than God Himself. I think He gives the proper training with "the Grace of God hath appeared unto all men".
    You say he still could do them but I don't believe in a fall.

Oh, you get the point.

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Praise the Lord, the first time any of you have said God does stop you from sinning. At least some times.

I praise God with you Sir.

16. PASTOR MHG

PASTOR MHG New Member

Nobody has said anything contrary to this.

17. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

Tell me something. Which sins from the depths of the sea does God chasten his children for?

The primary application of that "depths of the sea" verse is in an eternal sense. In a practical sense, we do sin and God forgives, shows mercy and sometimes chastens us.

I agree that in an eternal sense we are absolutely pure.

But while we inhabit this flesh there is another aspect of purity (salvation if you will) that must be worked out with fear and trembling in our daily walks.

lacy

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Well, almost an answer. Never did really answer you Amy, whether he would stop his son or not though.

19. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I agree except the (Salvation part) as long as its not those sins such as homosexual etc.

20. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

But don't you believe it is only "sometimes" as well. The sin just has to be "really bad".

lacy